Multi purpose headphones?
    Banned

Default Multi purpose headphones?

Does anyone own these headphones http://headphoneoutput.com/?p=152 ? Considering getting them as a gift. What does the touch screen interface do?

Good concept,

My only draw back is those are bound to be damn expensive and I already go through about 3 sets of headphones a year . . . . .
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's

I'd be very wary of any commercially available headphones that tout doing 7.1. The only time I've ever hear the imaging come out as the mixer intended it was last year in a beta done where I work where we A/B'ed between the original mix in the original mix room and the encoded 7.1 headphone stream and the hardware to actually do this was still prohibitively expensive. That being said, I can be a bit of an audiophile with this kind of stuff and many people couldn't care less or even notice.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Waxon View Post
    What does the touch screen interface do?
    probably for navigating and controlling this:

“Powered by the Android OS, the Admiral Touch takes full advantage of available streaming music including Pandora, and VoIP applications such as MSN chat and , thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. With 7.1-channel digital surround sound, the Admiral and Admiral Touch create an immersive experience for playing video games, listening to music and watching movies, as well as crisp, clear audio for phone calls, making it the only truly wireless headset available on the market. Featuring rotating ear-cups that double as a loudspeaker, both headsets will offer maximum versatility and compatibility with PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PCs, personal music players such as the iPod, home theaters and cell phones and all other electronic devices with a standard 3.5 mm jack and/or any devices with built-in bluetooth. A removable and rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides more than five hours of battery life for optimal usage with any compatible product.”