Using two controllers of the same model

Default Using two controllers of the same model

Hi,
    Is it possible to use two controllers of the same model in Traktor Pro?
    I have a Macbook Pro OSX 10.5.5, 2.5GHz Intel core duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM and a BCD3000.
    I want to use two BCD3000's and got great feedback on another forum, but it has never been tested. Before I buy the second BCD3000, I‘d like to be sure if the solution with MidiPipe below works.

1. In Utitilies / setup sound and midi, give the BCDs different names,
    say BDC3000one BCD3000two.
    2. Open Midipipe and set up a virtual device: "BothBehringers"
    3. In Traktor use this virtual device both as midi input and output,
    - do not tick any of the bcd3000s.
    4. In Midipipe set up pipes that takes input from "BothBehringers" and if coming on midi ch 1 output to bcd3000one, if coming on midi ch 2 output to bcd3000two
    5. Also setup pipes that take input from bcd3000one, rechannelize it to midi ch1 and output via BothBehringers. Equally with bcd3000two, of course rechannelize that to midi ch 2.

What Traktor now sees is one big device divided by midi channels.
    Already now BCD3000one should work with your existing midi mapping.

What you probably want is to control decks A & B with bcd3000one, decks C and D wih bcd3000two. Therefore:

6. In Traktor: In preferences/MIDI Mapping you need to dublicate a lot of the mapping, and everytime in the copy changing Deck A to C and Deck B to D, and midi channel from 1 to 2.

I hope someone can tell me if this will work.

James

if that actually works i highly doubt the bcd3000 driver will let you use both
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Hi Wuz,
    Thanks for your reply. So this solution is only for 2 different midi controllers. I saw somthing similar in your post with the BCD3000 and the and the X-session Pro with Enigma I think similar to MidiPipe, but then for Windows). http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...p?t=204&page=2

Will my set up work with my BCD3000 and a VCI-100?
    Thanks,
    James

it should work if you run some software to route one of the controllers to midi channel 2, as far as i'm aware neither the bcd or the vci can be hard programmed to send over channel 2 by themself.

I personally think all controllers should have this option, some do, some don't.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Thanks WUZ,
    I think I will need to download MidiPipe install it and go to the hardware shop to do a test.
    I also had a look at the VCM-600. This controller has enough knobs and sliders to fdo what I wat to do and I don't need the jogs.

Thanks for your help.
    James