Recommend Me Some Simple Lights
    Tech Wizard

Default Recommend Me Some Simple Lights

What are the known brands in this market?

What are 2 or 3 lighting equipment things that I can get without doing a light bar?

My speaker stands go up to 6ft, so I could always mount a laser or something up there.

Do the your speakers have a fly point mount on top??

My RCF's have one. The threads are the same as an O clamp's bolt, so with a couple of washers for spacers, I mount an O clamp to the top of the speaker. I put a bar in the O clamp and mount the lights on the bar. It works great for setting up in small spaces.

I usually run 2 LED flat pars and one Fx light or laser on each speaker. With the O clamps you can also mount lights to the pole under the speaker.

Watch this video starting at 5:30 to see what I am talking about. Also Brian in the video had a stroke, just so you know why he is doing it one handed.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcFIj4w42w

As far as the lights themselves, I use some ADJ and some Chauvet. Not the most expensive, but they have been reliable and do well for my needs. The flat pars can be used for wash lights, up lights, and strobes. If you don't want to mess with DMX, their built in programs and linking work fine.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 04-12-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Do the your speakers have a fly point mount on top??

My RCF's have one. The threads are the same as an O clamp's bolt, so with a couple of washers for spacers, I mount an O clamp to the top of the speaker. I put a bar in the O clamp and mount the lights on the bar. It works great for setting up in small spaces.

I usually run 2 LED flat pars and one Fx light or laser on each speaker. With the O clamps you can also mount lights to the pole under the speaker.

Watch this video starting at 5:30 to see what I am talking about. Also Brian in the video had a stroke, just so you know why he is doing it one handed.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EcFIj4w42w

As far as the lights themselves, I use some ADJ and some Chauvet. Not the most expensive, but they have been reliable and do well for my needs. The flat pars can be used for wash lights, up lights, and strobes. If you don't want to mess with DMX, their built in programs and linking work fine.
    No, unfortunately my jbl jrx115's don't have a fly mount; however, they do have side handles that I can probably rig something to.

You might be able to use a different light clamp to attach to the handles. Just make sure to only hang lights that aren't very heavy.

Another thought would be to install some sort of mount to the top of the speaker.

The easiest would be to use o clamps on the pole below the speaker, and some up lights washing a wall, or white skrims on the tripod with lights under them.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    You might be able to use a different light clamp to attach to the handles. Just make sure to only hang lights that aren't very heavy.

Another thought would be to install some sort of mount to the top of the speaker.

The easiest would be to use o clamps on the pole below the speaker, and some up lights washing a wall, or white skrims on the tripod with lights under them.
    Can I find something like that at the average hardware store, or should I got with the something like the American DJ ones?

Go with the ADJ's. They won't scratch your poles and are very secure.