Pioneer xdj-r1?? - Page 16
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post

I agree, it's a mess. The new $800 controller with remotebox has better browsing ability through iPad then the $6000 in Nexus gear i have, Awesome!

Don't worry, it'll be all sorted out with the cdj-2000nexus mk2, now only $2299!
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    next week?
    Thought it said late June
    AGIPRO which (if you dont know) is a very reputable online company says "ships june 7th" which is Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Don't worry, it'll be all sorted out with the cdj-2000nexus mk2, now only $2299!
    hahahahhahahaaa, i still am hoping they do a nice RB ipad update soon

I hope it will make some things clear.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    AGIPRO which (if you dont know) is a very reputable online company says "ships june 7th" which is Friday

hahahahhahahaaa, i still am hoping they do a nice RB ipad update soon

that would be cool. probably won't be able to pick one up til the end of the month. I'd have to unload some gear in order to grab one.

Tech Mentor

looks like you can record direct to USB according to djdeals.com ...
    http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerXDJR1....w#.Ua4O-FFx0xB

"The Pioneer XDJ-R1 also features two automatic mixing functions; Auto Mix & Beat Sync. Beat Sync synchronizes the music loaded in each deck on beat with matching beats per minute (BPM). In Auto Mix mode any playlists that you create on your USB drive, phone, tablet or laptop are linked with cross-fade or fade-in/fade-out effects.The Pioneer XDJ-R1 also lets you record DJ mixes directly onto a USB storage drive in WAV format. The XDJ-R1 combines two digital players and a mixer into a single slim and stylish unit, taking similar design cues from Pioneer CD players and Pioneer DJ mixers. The unit features a smoke-colored acrylic panel & blue and white LED lights."

Tech Guru

Recording to USB was one of the key points of the Aero vs R1 comparison video by Pioneer, so that suggests that this feature is missing from the R1.

Also there's no Record button anywhere on the device or any of the app screens shown in the videos, and no mention of recording in the manual.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Recording to USB was one of the key points of the Aero vs R1 comparison video by Pioneer, so that suggests that this feature is missing from the R1.

Also there's no Record button anywhere on the device or any of the app screens shown in the videos, and no mention of recording in the manual.
    I'm assuming it's just a misprint or misunderstanding by djdeals. cause I do remember them saying it in the video.

Been doing lots more research just as still can't decide which of the AERO or the R1 suits me better and came across this which really liked. One thing I didn't like about the AERO was the browsing on the phone app when searching huge banks of tracks, and liked how the R1 seemed to have a much better browser in the Remotebox app.

But then saw this video and I never knew you could search with device keyboard (and better yet use a bluetooth keyboard) with the rekordbox app.

Seeing as I used to lug my iMac/Bluetooth keyboard/S4 to certain gigs when I needed huge amount of tracks as so many requests I really like how I could just now take an AERO/Keyboard/Phone and maybe a large capacity USB or hard drive.

Also the sample launch for version 2.00 is much better and there is the memory cue.

I'll be honest am still in two minds, but the AERO's actually starting to win me back somewhat
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by HarryK View Post
    Seems like a really fine unit, an all in one by Pioneer is a treat many people have been waiting for. However:

WHEN WILL THIS JOKE WITH THE SHORT PITCH FADERS END?

Seriously. . .
    Right???????????? its the only bum note on an otherwise fantastic seeming bit of kit, and the stupid thing is there is PLENTY of empty real estate above and below the faders, they could have easily made them longer. But Pioneer are learning faaaaaaaaast.

Tech Mentor

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet in the promo ads is that it does appear to have the same 'one touch usb record' feature as the Aero. I think that is what the button directly below the USB port on the fascia is, as it is NOT the button to engage USB music access, that button is in the group of 3 buttons on the top left of each deck. Apart from the pitch faders, this thing is just looking better and better and a possible Traktor killer. OK, not literally a killer as software solutions just have way too much traction now in the bedroom and with mobile DJs/small bar and small venue Djs, but after Pioneer's false starts (lets generously call it their 'learning curve' ) in the digital and controller arena, this is actually a very convincing rebuttal to having a laptop or indeed any DJ software in the performance workflow at all and relegating software (and laptop) to home and the tasks of preperation and management. Additionally, IMHO this price point is jaw-dropping considering its, (a) Pioneer product, and (b) the stunning feature set and (hopefully as none of us have held it yet) the apparent build quality.

I think this is a fresh salvo in Pioneers ongoing war to kick software solutions out of the DJ booth (the previous one being the 2000NXS + DJM900NXS axis with all of the inter-connectivity and Traktor-like features, and if you STILL insist, easy Traktor plug and play functionality) also, at this price point, I can't imagine there is a huge profit on this piece of hardware and it may in fact be a non-earner/loss leader intended to 'bigup' the Pioneer brand as a whole, and get some traction in the bedroom with those that will never leave their bedrooms and also the future stars of the DJ booth as until the DDJ-SX pretty much all of their controllers have been relatively poorly received. Indeed, this time they have taken the battle to the software solutions home ground (the bedroom). The majority of home users (who all hope one day to move into legit clubs) cannot or will not buy a CDJ900/2000+DJM750/900 solution as the expense is huge but this, I think quite impressive unit, pretty much does many of the things a 2000/900 combo will do, INCLUDING in effect networked single USB access a la Nexus system over ethernet AND DJM colour effects!

I would not be surprised if in a future update the XDJ-R1 offers plug and play Traktor control but in external mixer mode, hopefully allowing for seamlessly moving from CD to Traktor to Rekordbox enabled USB without interrupting the mix, and who knows, maybe even Direct access to Rekordbox on your laptop for loading tracks onto the unit at some future point if sales ever start to flag. Say what you will about Pioneer prices, but I think with the top line nexus devices, and now this piece of kit which has come out of almost nowhere (with an unbelievably UnPioneer price), Pioneer have done an incredible job of maintaining their dominance in the club booth and responding to the software/controller young guns that only a few years ago were snapping at their heels, and posing a genuine threat to what (for a decade at least) had been the status quo of the Modern DJ booth = Decks (for old schoolers), DJM (ok, not always), CDJ 1000s (essential). While NI has been making many inroads into the 'Pro' booth of late, this unit could be Pioneer's Trojan Horse back into the bedroom.

Pioneer, while having a few cracks at software controllers, have with this unit gone back to what they know and what they do best, which is the standalone Pioneer piece of kit, and F*** YOU DJ software, and arguably with all of the 'all-in-one play everything from everything' + a good sprinkling of CDJ2000/DJM900 features included in this machine, I think its the best consumer item they have even released... bar none. Pioneer, I doff my cap mate, well done. ......... those pitch faders are too bloody short though.
    Last edited by dillinger23; 06-06-2013 at 03:45 AM.