Output sound routing for computer speakers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Output sound routing for computer speakers.

I am trying to get external sound by running from the Audio 2DJ A channel output with a 1/4" to 1/8" cable directly into a 2.1 computer speaker set up. It's only playing through the left speaker and sound is shady at best. Normally these speakers put out really good sound.

I played with the audio settings but I'm not really sure how they are supposed to be arranged. I'm assuming I'd go through the output master and I have both the channels assigned to A and left and right.

Any help?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think you may need to set your routing to Internal and set the Master Out to whatever out you use for the Audio2.

Do you only have one cable running to the speakers? Does each speaker have it's on 1/8" cable, or is there one for both of them? If there is one cable coming from the speakers than you need to get a splitter to plug the 1/4" into to connect it to the AUdio2.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think you may need to set your routing to Internal and set the Master Out to whatever out you use for the Audio2.

Do you only have one cable running to the speakers? Does each speaker have it's on 1/8" cable, or is there one for both of them? If there is one cable coming from the speakers than you need to get a splitter to plug the 1/4" into to connect it to the AUdio2.
    One cable but the speakers run from a powered sub and there is only a single 1/8" input. I'm running the single line with a 1/4" plugged to the out of the Audio 2 going to a 1/8" plugged directly into the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post

I'll try that. It's 1 cable running to a powered sub with two sattelites. There is only a 1/8" single input for the speakers.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Then get a splitter. One speaker is playing because you're only sending half of the signal to speakers.

Or transmit in Mono. I think that should do the trick.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Not quite sure I understand. If their is only a single 1/8" input. Where am I putting the splitter at? There is nothing to split it up to?

You need one of these -

Use the cable that came with the soundcard and connect the rca's to the female rca's on this cable. then plug your jack into the female headphone input on the cable in the picture.

Or one of these

Plug this into your audio 2 then plug your speakers directly into the jack

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    You need one of these -

Use the cable that came with the soundcard and connect the rca's to the female rca's on this cable. then plug your jack into the female headphone input on the cable in the picture.
    Ok Gotcha. I guess I'll just need a double male attachment to connect that to the 1/8" input.

my second suggestion is probably the easiest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast