Stutter Edit Question(have a gig sat)
    Tech Wizard

Default Stutter Edit Question(have a gig sat)

Hey everyone,

i run virtual dj through ableton using jack pilot. im on a macbook which i only use for djing. im running stutter edit as an audio unit in ableton. when i run the music through virtual dj then ableton stutter edit wont effect the track that is playing. i am getting midi signal on my midi track that stutter edit is on so im pretty sure its set up ok.

now when i close virtual dj and play the song directly from my audio track 1 in ableton stutter edit effects the track just fine.

anyone know what im doing wrong? please help i have a big gig saturday

Have you got MIDI clock synced up too? Stutter Edit is all tempo based.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

This has got fail written all over it. In order to use a beat sync'd effect in ableton, when the audio is coming from a DVS system, you need to make sure that Lives master tempo matches the tempo of the audio coming from the DVS software. No-one has managed to do this effectively as far as I know.

If you're using timecode, it's hard to match Lives master tempo with the fluctuating tempo from the TT. If you're not using timecode, there's no need to route audio into Live. Just use Live!

If you manage to get the two apps sync'd up, lemme know how you do it! DVS doesn't send midi-timecode based on the tempo of the audio from the TT. If only it did... :-(
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Have you got MIDI clock synced up too? Stutter Edit is all tempo based.
    no i dont, i dont think that virtual dj can be synced to ableton. i know traktor can, if i syn traktor will it work?

thanks for the replies

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    This has got fail written all over it. In order to use a beat sync'd effect in ableton, when the audio is coming from a DVS system, you need to make sure that Lives master tempo matches the tempo of the audio coming from the DVS software. No-one has managed to do this effectively as far as I know.

If you're using timecode, it's hard to match Lives master tempo with the fluctuating tempo from the TT. If you're not using timecode, there's no need to route audio into Live. Just use Live!

If you manage to get the two apps sync'd up, lemme know how you do it! DVS doesn't send midi-timecode based on the tempo of the audio from the TT. If only it did... :-(
    i do alot of openformat gigs and just using live wont work for me, but thanks for the reply