Traktor record out as alternative to booth out?

Default Traktor record out as alternative to booth out?

Hi all,
    Im running short on options. I need a master and booth out from my audio 8 for nye.
    Im running completely internal mixing and im relying totally on my audio 8 to supply 1 amp and 1 set of monitor speakers with sound.

It stands to reason that an excellent soundcard like the audio 8, with its miriad of outputs could handle this no problem. But traktor doesnt seem to have many options to output whilst mixing internally.

Do you guys know of any way to get what im after working?

I could split the signal and send it both ways with a pair of splitters. But why should this be necessary when theres a perfectly good output sat next to it?

The only option I can see is the record out, the other benefit with this is it has its own gain control, I just hope that this can give me the same as the master out.
    Does anyone have any experience with this solution?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That sounds like it would work, but I don't have an A8 to test it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That sounds like it would work, but I don't have an A8 to test it.
    I cant test it out until the night either :|
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Wizard

I didn't realize that the record out had it's own gain control (unless of course it's the same gain knob under the recording tab next to effect 2. (Is it? Cause that would be great!))

Anyways! You can use the record out as a booth out. And if there is a built-in gain knob that controls the output, that's super duper! I've done this at a small house party for setting up more speakers FOR MORE POWER! (We only had small guitar amplifiers). I also use this as a second monitoring system for the main speakers to better mix the EQ's and to see if all the levels are correct.

In conclusion, it can be done.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic

What is this record out?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Can't you output the master to the amp and the monitor to the monitor speakers? Or am I being really dense?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Under the Output Routing setup, if you chose Internal Mixing, there are 3 stereo outputs:
    1: Output Monitor
    2: Output Master
    3: Output Record

It really depends on how you would use it, but it's really just a second Master Out.
    Macbook, Novation Ultranova, Novation Launchpad x2, Behringer BCD3000, Allen & Heath Xone 1D x2 (I'm trying to sell these right now), Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.7 (It's Legal)
    http://www.facebook.com/dynamicsmusic
    http://soundcloud.com/dynamicsmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    it's the same gain knob under the recording tab next to effect 2.

Anyways! You can use the record out as a booth out. And if there is a built-in gain knob that controls the output, that's super duper! I've done this at a small house party for setting up more speakers FOR MORE POWER! (We only had small guitar amplifiers). I also use this as a second monitoring system for the main speakers to better mix the EQ's and to see if all the levels are correct.
    Yup, thats the gain knob. I guess you could map it to a shift function of your master with soft takeover? That'd work.

Im doing exactly the same thing with the speakers this year. Carting out my bass rig + krk's for monitors. More power ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Can't you output the master to the amp and the monitor to the monitor speakers? Or am I being really dense?
    The monitor output is going to my headphones, so the only output left is the record out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    It really depends on how you would use it, but it's really just a second Master Out.
    Yeah, sounds like it should work out ok. Its a shame NI dont give us more output options with internal mixing.