Some Chords - Deadmau5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

i dunno i dont really give a shit, he's is a pussy because he gives in and takes money for something he obviously wouldnt do if he wasnt getting it, wich means the music he produces is not truley him, this gives a false image and does make him a pussy to me, deadmau5 is for people who have no idea whats accually good and like catchly 8 bar tunes,
    sorry eastcoastams but maybe i wouldnt be writing this if he didnt win, JUNO's BEST TRACK OF THE YEAR 2008-2009-2010
    in 2008 he won beatports best electro house artist AND best progressive house artist, WTF
    he then won best single for "not exactly", <MOST UNDESERVED AWARD , 2008 WAS AN AMAZING YEAR, in 2008 he was also the next highest entry at 11th best dj, wich he moved up to #6 in 2009 (he got considered a better dj for ditching cdj's and using ableton), again in 2009 he takes best electro house and best progressive house artist, AGAIN, FINALY in 2010 at the international dance music awards he took, BEST ARTIST, BEST AMERICAN DJ, AND best electro track of the year with ghosts and stuff wich is complete bs, anyone else realize the fact that he won best american dj and he isnt DJ'ING, he is doing LIVE SETS on ableton, yet it is similar, but YES there is a difference

and i apologize for the rant but i just cant handle a man that uses a giant mouse mask to get people attention, and the fact that the ONLY people to ever say he had a good live show are people that dont know good electro but just like typical stuff, my point is, artists like justice and pretty much the entire edbanger crew, make there music because they like it, because they wanna make it, not cause they wanna make fat bills because they can make all the little kids on mdma happy, with basic shit, anyway, find another electro artist givin deadmau5 thumbs up or probs, it doesnt happen, ever notice how he always tours alone aswell, and never does ANY LIVE shows with anyone else, that why you can you tube his name and find his daily video post because he DOESNT HAVE A LIFE, well anyway, i will hate deadmau5 for life, and i apologize once again but i had to get this rant out since i do feel like i have made some valid points

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dj.You.S.Bee View Post
    anyone else realize the fact that he won best american dj and he isnt DJ'ING, he is doing LIVE SETS on ableton, yet it is similar, but YES there is a difference
    Actually he just loads his own warped tracks in Ableton, uses the original stems and mashes them together to perform transitions. Either way no matter how it's spun, he's performing using his own tracks, and their original components. It's not really DJing, and it isn't entirely live performance. Just some luke warm medium in the middle which is over glorified lol.

He's knowledgeable about production, no question about that, if you read any articles or interviews, it's obvious.

At the end of the day though, I think his shit is still boring lol. Just my $0.02.

And anyone who takes the Beatport awards seriously really should get their head checked out. Beatport and Deadmau5 live right up in each others asses, I stopped taking any of it seriously when he wins Electro (surprise!) and Progressive (surprise!), while Trance is pretty much a multiple choice selection between Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Ferry Corsten, etc.

As for the rest of the post, TL;DR.

Back to the original topic: Don't like the track, but I think vocals would just make it "meh", specially with some of the people who do the duties on Deadmau5 tracks. "Move For Me" was really wretched lol.

i dont take bearport awards seriously but i use them as an example that the majority of people ARE voting for him, for whatever reason that happens i dont know because you would think the average beatport user has common sense

@ Dj. you.s.bee

Yes he did kill it like crazy.. but he still makes music molded around that Deadmau5 sound which is still pretty good i think

I have yet to see him live but I'll be seeing him this summer in Montreal so I'll get a chance to see what he does live. He better do some crazy shit. I don't want 7-8 minutes of handwaving per song

Tech Guru

Does he really do the handwaving thing that much? I've never noticed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj.You.S.Bee View Post
    and i apologize for the rant but i just cant handle a man that uses a giant mouse mask to get people attention
    kind of fits with the name though

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

umm i mixed that song with "Make you feel" by Klaas.. works out pretty good with the lyrics, buildup, and hook. i guess if anyone wants to hear it ill post it sometime lol

http://soundcloud.com/dj-solus
    -
    Equipment: M-Audio Xponent w/ Torq Software, Akai APC40 w/ Ableton Live 8, Korg Padkontrol

Tech Wizard

I saw him @ stereosonic in brisbane last year. He was the headline act. was also the worst act. Beetroots, axwell, crookers, stafford brothers were awesome. deadmau5 = shit. i loved him before it. dont like him so much now. some chords sounds like it came directly from ghosts n stuff to me. one thing about electro tracks i think is the need of an extremely beefy bottom end in the bassline not just the kick. ghosts n stuff and some chords are probably the 'softest' tracks i have in my collection. the one thing that really annoys me is that people try and put him in the same league as Daft Punk. yeh fucken right. he is miles away from those guys.

but seriously people love him and people hate him. Just like every other major artist out there.

ps. one other thing that shines through with his music is probs the reason it always sounds the same is the fact that he makes too many tunes! my advice for him would be to take a year off and do something completely different. hell, even let Steve Dudda take over for a bit. he'll maybe at least perform better?
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Wizard

i saw him at brisbane and adelaide stereosonics.. he was shit at brissie.. okay at adelaide.. though i think in general stereosonics sound checks failed... especially in adelaide!

all in all... he is a good producer, he knows alot andshares a little.

and the hwole sell out thing is getting so old.. everyone sells out some stage..

dj'in compared to producing your own tracks and playing them live with huge control over each stem/track/element is much more creative than jsut playing other peoples tunes as well imo

i dont really like his music.. but i recognise his good.. and he does contribute to music in general

he is successful because of what he is doing.....
    SmallCup

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast