audio interface or usb mixer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default audio interface or usb mixer?

im currently looking into getting some studio monitors for my room to use for djing and also music production but i cant decide if i should get an audio interface or a usb mixer
    i've also been getting into djing clubs and i have been borrowing a mixer but i want something that would be good for djing live thats around $200

would something like this work good for me
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X1204USB.aspx

thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That ain't no good for djing. No channel monitoring, rotaries are too small and cramped together and those faders wear off really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by randellstringer View Post
    im currently looking into getting some studio monitors for my room to use for djing and also music production but i cant decide if i should get an audio interface or a usb mixer
    i've also been getting into djing clubs and i have been borrowing a mixer but i want something that would be good for djing live thats around $200

would something like this work good for me
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X1204USB.aspx

thanks
    You need to get yourself a bigger budget and a midi controller that either has a built in soundcard or with an external usb interface like the NI Audio 2.

That is not a DJ Mixer, that's a soundboard mixer and is in no way useful for traditional style djing.

If you're DJing in clubs you want an external interface. Carrying a mixer to every gig and trying to set it up will be completely miserable, that simple.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

i have an s4, but i sometime dj at this one place where they're strict with the noise bylaw so i gotta be careful with the bass so i go into a mixer and i can control the bass from there and the levels
    what would you guys recommend i get... i want something to use at home but also at the club where i could control the bass

You can control the bass of each track on your S4...turn it down a notch. I see no need to buyer another piece of hardware to haul around just for that.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

It's a pain in the ass to work at anything other than 12oclock. Having a master EQ is awesome.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Well, that changes the story a little bit. It would have helped a lot if you included that in your OP . That behringer, should do the trick, not the best but fits your budget.

Bloody expensive and bulky if all you want is some EQs.

What about this? A nice little dedicated EQ box. Cheaper, smaller, more eq bands, etcetc...

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipmen...ualizer--34405
    Last edited by MrPopinjay; 08-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randellstringer View Post
    i have an s4, but i sometime dj at this one place where they're strict with the noise bylaw so i gotta be careful with the bass so i go into a mixer and i can control the bass from there and the levels
    what would you guys recommend i get... i want something to use at home but also at the club where i could control the bass
    this place doesn't have its own EQ? Most clubs have dedicated sound boards and graphic eq's to turn down whatever frequency needs to be turned down for you. If they don't well then...I can't imagine the awful sound coming out of their speakers.

Where do you guys DJ that doesn't directly EQ the sound coming from the DJ booth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast