Some Chords - Deadmau5 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Oh for fucks sake not ANOTHER thread discussing the good and bad about Deadmau5.
    Round and round in circles.

Thread topic is not whether he is any good or not.

Personally it doesnt matter what vocal is put over the top , you cannot polish a turd (joke)

Tech Mentor

well this thread turned into something totally different than i expected haha...

the cobra starship suggestion is a good one, thanks for that!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

you cannot polish a turd (joke)
    Actually, yes you can...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

seriously though... MAC or PC?
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Guru

Please stop making comparing/argument threads. Although this thread was not intentionally made to argue about how good or bad someone is, it has certainly turned into one.

Bashing or supporting someone isnt really going to change everyone's opinion on the matter. You are all honestly wasting your time on the matter. Seriously, when you read a post that supports or bashes someone ask yourself, " does this affect me?" If you answered correctly and chose "no", move on with your life. You are just adding fuel to this (pointless) fire.

Just my 2 cents.

-Gianmarco

Strobe by Deadmau5 works as well, its slightly off beat in terms of phrasing but it could make for a very fun mash up because of the harmony the 2 songs create.

As for Deadmau5 in general, im of the opinion that, yeah, stop hating on the guy for being a success. You may think his music sucks but at least hes talented. It not like the reason I hate pop music or new rock these days i.e. lack of any creativity whatsoever. At least he knows his shit when it comes to production.

I was walking through the mall the other day and stopped by Foot Locker (for those unfamiliar with the store it sells shoes and various athletic gear) and to my surprise they were selling Deadmau5 T-Shirts....that blew my mind, a DJ/producer having his gear sold in a mainstream store not dedicated to music? That's unheard of as far as im aware. He's way more successful than I originally thought and that helmet is a big reason why. Smart marketing there, he's creating a brand. I say good on him i guess.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Please stop making comparing/argument threads.
    Umm.. didn't you make a Mac vs. PC thread?, and then another thread after that arguing about the 13" MacBook Pro not having a new CPU? lol

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastams View Post
    if the edm scene blows up and goes mainstream I'll probably bug out.
    Time to bug out now. It's been mainstream for a very very long time.

I'm not necessarily hating though. I just lament the days where the majority of DJ's had a passion for finding music that wasn't charted, that wasn't well known, but still got the crowd moving and even had some punters realising just how creative real artists can be in comparison to the manufactured tripe you find in the beatport top 10 these days. I used to love the joy I'd get heading to a club to catch a resident and hearing music that I couldn't hear anywhere else, now I rock up to dance clubs and hear the same "anthems" everywhere I go. It's stale, and disinteresting and massively depressing.

Perfectly fine if you're into that sort of stuff and all, I'm not telling anyone to change their ways, I just can't figure out why exceptional music is ignored just because it isn't instantly recognisable, or because they don't wear a mouse head when they play.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Please stop making comparing/argument threads. Although this thread was not intentionally made to argue about how good or bad someone is, it has certainly turned into one.

Bashing or supporting someone isnt really going to change everyone's opinion on the matter. You are all honestly wasting your time on the matter. Seriously, when you read a post that supports or bashes someone ask yourself, " does this affect me?" If you answered correctly and chose "no", move on with your life. You are just adding fuel to this (pointless) fire.

Just my 2 cents.

-Gianmarco
    I don't see any arguing in this thread. It's called discussion. Its what happens on forums?

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Umm.. didn't you make a Mac vs. PC thread?, and then another thread after that arguing about the 13" MacBook Pro not having a new CPU? lol
    lol.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast