Crazy Controller, Mod Possible?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crazy Controller, Mod Possible?

A month or two ago I was lurking around old DJ Tech Tool articles and I got lost in all the crazy mods out there. A few days later I saw the article of the Midi Fighter DIY kit and I got to thinking, what odd controllers have I used over the years? I remembered I have one of these stashed away somewhere.

It's a controller for the XBOX game Steel Battalion. It probably can't be modded and I'm sure no one in their right mind would bring it to a club, but I thought maybe, just maybe, someone out there might want to know of its existence. I sent an email to Ean a while back but he never got back to me.

Thoughts?

Tech Mentor

my buddy scott worked at a video game store as a manager, he had that game and controller, it was crazy, and yeah I'd hook it up for midi, but not for DJ'ing, for production work in DP, then it would sit there never being used but just looking really freaky and cool.

haha! thats freakin awesome! i wanted that game back when i still played games. it was 200 bucks when it came out! its a bit bulky for dj-ing, but definitely worth a try.

Damn! That's an awesome idea.

If I am correct, most game controllers are hooked up through GlovePIE to be used for MIDI.

You might want to look at that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Damn! That's an awesome idea.

If I am correct, most game controllers are hooked up through GlovePIE to be used for MIDI.

You might want to look at that.

What ^he^ said, its actually alot easier to use these things as midi controllers than you might think

Well, I'm glad it's possible, haha. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the know-how. Maybe if I get around to doing some research, I'll post something up.

Of course, I'd also sell it if anyone wanted to mod it themselves.

Ever messed with glove pie? its going to be ALOT easier then you think

Do it, I had one of those, manager at gamestop too, and even though this whole controllerism thing didnt exist yet I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.

Look baddass and take it to burning man. All the free "goodies" you can handle out of admiration.

I mean, COME ON. ITS A GIANT ROBOT COCKPIT. I WANNA DJ WITH A GIANT ROBOT.

Do it, post video.......3)profit?

Tech Guru

OMG. Do it!!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Do It!!! It would be amazing!!
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

Tech Wizard

Here's some VJing with said controller! Mad cool.

http://www.vimeo.com/6735613

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast