Technics HD1200 vs DJ1200 differences?

Default Technics HD1200 vs DJ1200 differences?

my poor googling skills has yielded me minimal results on this one. anyone here know what the differences are between the hd1200 and the dj1200 headphones?

Tech Guru

Do you mean the differences between the RPDH-1200 and the DJ-1200 headphones?. To my awareness, there is no such thing as Technics HD1200 headphones. I could be wrong though.

Tech Guru

Just to name some quick differences between those two:

The RP-DH 1200's have 3,500mW of Input Power, and a frequency response of 5Hz-30Khz. I also believe that the driver size is 50mm, which is standard on most higher end DJ headphones.

The RP-DJ 1200 (the older ones they used to make) have 1,500mW of Input Power, and 8Hz-30Khz frequency response.

The newer Technics headphones will be punchier, have better capacity to handle loud volume requirements (which isn't necessarily great, always protect your hearing when using powerful headphones), and over all better quality. If you are set on a choice between these two headphones, the newer ones are worth the money in my opinion. For $15 more, you get some considerable improvements.

hey, thanks for the reply. yea i meant DH1200, haha typo! so im guessing one is just an "improved" model; like a mk2 or something....

Tech Guru

Bingo, it's just an upgrade. I would definitely go for the newer model, the price difference for what you get is nill.