Syncing Traktor and Ableton.
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Syncing Traktor and Ableton.

Hi all,

First of all would like to say what a great forum this is...i have learnt alot from reading reviews and tutorials on djtechtools and in the forums itself....many thanks to the contributors and keep up the good work.

After reading the tutorial on how to sync traktor and ableton on one machine...i would like to ask any members who has succesfully sync both apps together to share some of their experiences...any sound drop outs, latency issues, computer freeze etc... is it stable enough to play live on?

How about syncing traktor from one laptop to another laptop running ableton? is the set up similar to the tutorials? or maybe any member can give me the details on how to...

Thank you in advance...

chubbz

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Chubbz, welcome to TT's

Bento is really the one to comment on this (as no doubt he will) but on my first attempt using my built in sound card I found with the latency set high enough sounds quality was Ok but after about 3 minutes the sound would start to deteriorate to the point it was just static. This was only fixed by restarting the virtual audio cable drivers

From the sounds of things though Bento has no trouble with this setup though so with a decent card you should be sweet.

Hooking this up between two laptops would be very similar except you would be using physical cables instead of virtual cables, the clock sync signal would just need to go through a midi cable between your audio interfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbz View Post
    Hi all,
    After reading the tutorial on how to sync traktor and ableton on one machine...i would like to ask any members who has succesfully sync both apps together to share some of their experiences...any sound drop outs, latency issues, computer freeze etc... is it stable enough to play live on?
    chubbz
    Using Virtual audio cable is alot easier but people might run into problems with it, Jack for windows is probably better suited to the task but its ALOT harder to get running. So if you have problems with VAC try Jack. Another thing is to try running your soundcard in hardware buffer mode, this does a good job of getting rid of the sound cracking midifidler was talking about. Ill write up a Jack for windows tutorial when the program is more complete and easier to use - otherwise the tutorial would only be useful for a very very small handful of people.

Thank u guys for your quick replies...much appreciated...If any other members would like share their experiences too pls do...

Midifidler...

would u mind giving a step by step of how to hook it all up??? sorry if askin too much but am very slow learner need all the guidance i can get...

cheers
    chubbz

Default Syncing 2 Traktor Laptops

Last weekend I played this gig at a party, I have a vci-100 se and a laptop running traktor 3.3.2. One of my mates decided to bring along his tt's, mixer and laptop which he runs traktor scratch with an audio 8 soundcard. Anyway we decided to rig it all up and see what we could come up with mixing between all 4 decks and doing some scratch/mix combos, etc. It worked out pretty mad, but it sparked a question. Could we somehow sync both laptops together and get all the gear running in sync to make it a little less rough around the edges, perhaps one of the laptops being the master and one the slave?? Can this be done through an ethernet cable or something??

Tech Wizard

Sync is a huge issue with 3.x. It is supposed to be possible through OSC but it rarely works. Midi is not an option because Traktor 3.x can only send clock, not receive it.

Traktor Pro is supposed to rectify this issue as far as I have read.

Ive heard some people have the OSC working, not sure if thats the latest versions though. I have been meaning to test it, but i havent had the time, or access to another computer for long enough to be able to test just yet

So do you guys know if Traktor Pro could solve this problem? You see i live in Cairns, Far north Australia. We have a great club scene here atm, but I seem to be the only one pushing into the digital side of djing. No one can see past cdj-1000's, but I think if me and my mate could get both our setups working together we could really kick off something awesome. It worked so well just playing by ear, me playing electro focusing on looping and effects while he was spinning breaks while scratching. I just think we should be able to somehow use the full potential of the digital world, kinda like Hawtin in those traktor vids.

Quote Originally Posted by shedg View Post
    we should be able to somehow use the full potential of the digital world, kinda like Hawtin in those traktor vids.
    Rickie Hawtin isnt using the full potential of the Traktor world let alone the digital world
    - I am not Rickie hating, just trying to open peoples eyes as to the fact theres alot of potential still in Traktor that is left untouched.

This has been a popular request since the hawtin videos came up, so i will get onto this with TPro and share what i learn with you guys

I don't believe Richie is using the full potential either, what I should've said was we should be able to use the full potential of gear/skill/knowledge and be able to sync/work together by using the somewhat "boundary free" digital world. Like how Hawtin syncs with the other laptops in those vids.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast