Moved from controller to cdjs but need advise!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Moved from controller to cdjs but need advise!

So I've took the leap from djing on a controller with serato to cdjs, however I've got 1000s mk2 which don't have the usb function so I need to burn cdj. However I do like to know what bpms all my tunes are roughly so whats the best way of finding out the bpms of your tracks so I can make note? do programs like mixed in key do it?

Yes.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Just set the pitch to the middle, 0, and it will be at the original BPM.

Tech Guru

Roughly, Mixed In Key will work fine.
    For better results, I don't know Serato, but Traktor will give you very precise values.
    For 100% precision you will need to use more complex softwares like Ableton.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Roughly, Mixed In Key will work fine.
    For better results, I don't know Serato, but Traktor will give you very precise values.
    For 100% precision you will need to use more complex softwares like Ableton.
    Not sure what you are talking about lmao.

Cdjs show the original bpm with cds. Did u even try this lol

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about lmao.

Cdjs show the original bpm with cds. Did u even try this lol
    The OP obviously wants to know the BPM of the tracks before playing them, so I'm giving the options considering the precision of each one.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    so I can make note?
    Last edited by Daniboy; 12-27-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    The OP obviously wants to know the BPM of the tracks before playing them, so I'm giving the options considering the precision of each one.
    I understand ya. OP just probably didn't check and see if the bpm was there or not..

Cause the initial bpm will be there on any cdj.

Tech Guru

I understand ya. OP just probably didn't check and see if the bpm was there or not..

Cause the initial bpm will be there on any cdj.
    Actually I believe that the OP uses an organizing technique known by many DJs (who play with CDJs that only allow CDs as media) that is to have the BPM of each track writen somewhere on the CD or on some place related to the CD, so he can know the BPM of the tracks without having to insert the CD and play the tracks for a while waiting for the CDJ-1000 to give a BPM.
    Analogously, the same can be done with Key results from softwares like Mixed In Key.

so I can make note?
    In my point of view it's highly unlikely that a member with 133 posts on a DJ forum doesn't know that the CDJs show BPM.

Is recordbox not specifically for this situation?

he said he just got the cdjs so i was assuming he hasn't even put in the cd yet to see if it shows the bpm.

Tech Guru

Is recordbox not specifically for this situation?

he said he just got the cdjs so i was assuming he hasn't even put in the cd yet to see if it shows the bpm.
    Rekorbox only works with CDJs that have USB-Ports like CDJ-350, CDJ-850, CDJ-900, CDJ-900NXS, CDJ-2000 and CDJ-2000NXS (does not work with CDJ-400).
    Rekordbox info can't be used through CDs.

I've got 1000s mk2
    I find it very unikely that he didn't put a CD on a CDJ that just allows CDs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast