Death of Straight-Mixing

Default Death of Straight-Mixing

My first mixer I ever owned was a crappy Gemini back in the 80s that leaked like crazy but had a cool echo effect built in.
    I have owned many mixers since like the Numark 1775 and the GLI 9000. These early mixers had an onboard equalizer for ALL channels. Today's mixer has the capability to manipulate highs, mids, lows PER channel.

I grew up mixing by NOT touching the EQ and just mixing straight channel A with channel B. Today's technology allows for much more control over transitions by manipulating frequencies and countless effects.

...Therefore, is straight-mixing obsolete?

P.S. best gay sex videos https://gaysextube.name/en/
    Last edited by gikusimu; 09-02-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gikusimu View Post
    My first mixer I ever owned was a crappy Gemini back in the 80s that leaked like crazy but had a cool echo effect built in.
    I have owned many mixers since like the Numark 1775 and the GLI 9000. These early mixers had an onboard equalizer for ALL channels. Today's mixer has the capability to manipulate highs, mids, lows PER channel.

I grew up mixing by NOT touching the EQ and just mixing straight channel A with channel B. Today's technology allows for much more control over transitions by manipulating frequencies and countless effects.

...Therefore, is straight-mixing obsolete?
    It is not. It still has its place. It has just become one of many techniques to have in your back pocket.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default str8 mixing

Hey man cool you are str8 mixing. I do not dig much on this crazy techniques but some of the tools are cool to have at your fingertips.

Default It isn't a "standard" technique anymore.

It sure appears to me like no big name DJs do it anymore. All the mixes I watch on Youtube use EQ mixing. It looks like big name DJs do the same thing but with so many fake sets it's hard to tell (EQ mixing looks a lot like fake knob twisting).

Default Ya

It definitely still is the strongest Skill have. Especially with the right crowd that loves the music and not the flashiness

Loads of big DJ's still do it, but TBH as a techno or house DJ you really should be using the EQ, your probably mixin' digital and just pouring those low ends together will not sound well if done unintentionally.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

I like straight mixing and it all I have done for years, but beat matching takes so much concentration I don't have the concentration to mix and mess about with affects. I do think affects are good, but if I was going to use them it would be with a controller as its synchronising everything for you so you cam mess around with affects.
    http://buzzin-house.com

A Old Skool Forum For discussing music