Traktor setup/recording issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

No mac, dell laptop

Tech Mentor

As said above, you plug the 3.5mm into the line in / microphone socket, and select that as the input in Audacity. Plug the other end into either the rec out or master out depending on if you want control over the recording volume on the mixer or not.

Should work fine.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Fortunately you are wrong. You need to plug the RCA end into the record out of the mixer and the 3.5mm end into your laptop's mic input, then (this is the bit you've probably missed) make sure you select the mic input as the input device in audacity or whatever you're using to record.
    Ahhh, nice one, will go and update that now.

Thanks

You can't use an Audio 2 because it has no inputs, only 2 stereo outs. I think a full NI DVS interface is overkill for just recording, your laptop's mic input should work fine if you set it up correctly, and even if that doesn't work an external recorder or a much cheaper sound card with an input channel will suffice.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    As said above, you plug the 3.5mm into the line in / microphone socket, and select that as the input in Audacity. Plug the other end into either the rec out or master out depending on if you want control over the recording volume on the mixer or not.

Should work fine.
    I have got 2 kontrol f1's that will need to eventually go through traktor etc. I wanted to get to the bottom of this current kerfufel so I can get some new mixes online, before playing with my sampling set up

So will be better going for the a10, yes?

Tech Mentor

Ha ha. I wrote a big reply before, had to go out, came back, and hit send. Then read the other replies, and edited. I'm guessing the above two replies, were quick off the mark.

As FEP said, a full DVS interface would be overkill unless you are looking to go DVS later on. I guess not though. You wont need a NI card either (assuming no DVS), as your only needing to output two channels from the PC (Traktor decks C & D) and input one channel. For mixer control of these decks. Maybe something like this : http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardwa...terface--96072

But wait on other recommendations, as there might be a cheaper option.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandZook View Post
    Ahhh, nice one, will go and update that now.

Thanks
    got the audacity to work, however the playback is pants. picking up external sounds

i want to cry

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandZook View Post
    got the audacity to work, however the playback is pants. picking up external sounds

i want to cry
    Make sure you've disabled the built in mic on your laptop.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Hi all

just to give you an update, I have connected my rig to my main pc for now and it seems to be working fine and I managed to record a decent set last night.

also, I have created a partition on the hard drive on my laptop with intention of creating a stand alone windows installation for running traktor only. So we shall see how that goes.

Going to get the A10, but I need to raise the dosh first, so hopefully by then all my issues will be a distance memory

Thanks again for the advise

CHZ

https://soundcloud.com/cool_hand_zoo...o-mix-29-12-12

Did you disable the built in mic on your laptop? As that should solve your problems. Also, I highly recommend the Audio 8 if you don't need the extra inputs of the A10.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast