Whats a camera thats great for concerts?

Default Whats a camera thats great for concerts?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people on here go to festivals and what not, and maybe some of those people like to record parts of some shows. Searching google, theres a lot of videos that have shit audio and what not, and a product spec never usually says "oh and this camera is great for recording concerts"

I'm looking for a digital camera that can do 720p video and takes good audio for concerts. Any experience with this?

Also, under $200? Maybe?

Thanks!!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    I'm looking for a digital camera that can do 720p video and takes good audio for concerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSiniSter View Post
    Also, under $200? Maybe?

Thanks!!!
    Doesn't exist.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I had a fujifilm camera that recorded fairly good sound and the picture quality was good as long as the light was good,cant remember the model though.It was more than 200 though
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Doesn't exist.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Doesn't exist.
    +1.

You want good quality video, you're talking several hundred on the body, several hundred on lenses, several hundred on lenses, and several hundred on lights. You want good quality audio, and you're talking about a dedicated recorder and some kind of clapper to sync them, most likely.

Good enough? That's a different story. You could get "not crap" for $200, but you'll still be blowing out your inputs…there isn't a small "onboard" mic in existence that can take 100+dB SPL like that.