My DJ Promo :D
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My DJ Promo :D

Default My DJ Promo :D

Here is my DJ promo video...not much yet but once i get better and have better mixes.

uhh...needs work
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

I didnt make it.lol

Tech Wizard

What... was that? Why?

Tech Wizard

I really hope you didn't pay money for that

Those transitions are just so "elementary school windows movie maker" terrible.

All this video needs is super HQ shots of really close up knob turning, button pressing and fader flicking. Then edit it with clean cuts to the beat of the music.

Also if your gear has a light show when you turn it on film that. And the plugging in of your headphones. And if your quite the looker film your bass face every once in a while.

This guys 's videos are pretty pro, even minus the sick routines.

ok well thnx for the help and btw we only wanted to have a short clip that took a short time to make so we just threw in random stuff...we didnt want to take our super perfect time and stuff the was our first" Promo" we will be making WAY better ones when we get the software update...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Descendent View Post
    ok well thnx for the help and btw we only wanted to have a short clip that took a short time to make so we just threw in random stuff...we didnt want to take our super perfect time and stuff the was our first" Promo" we will be making WAY better ones when we get the software update...
    If you want to promote yourself, I suggest you make the best movie you possible can, if you want to make a good first impression. That was a extremely bad first impression.

Do we really live in a world where a 1 minute promo video is necessary? Who's the intended audience? Who's going to watch you fiddle knobs while a song plays? Back in my day, we judged DJs based on their mixtapes. Uphill both ways.

Why don't you just focus on turning out quality mixes? Until you have like, a name, this stuff just generally comes off as cocky and kinda cheesy.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by protocollie View Post
    Do we really live in a world where a 1 minute promo video is necessary? Who's the intended audience? Who's going to watch you fiddle knobs while a song plays? Back in my day, we judged DJs based on their mixtapes. Uphill both ways.

Why don't you just focus on turning out quality mixes? Until you have like, a name, this stuff just generally comes off as cocky and kinda cheesy.
    I have to agree. A promo video for a DJ should be of the DJ...you know...actually DJing?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast