Dubstep is for.....
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dubstep is for.....

In a previous thread I asked if people thought Dubstep is aimed/for kids!

As expected some said yes, some no.

However I think the term Dubstep has defiantly changed and its viewed as a very different monster to the early stuff I would describe as Dubstep.

The Wobble stuff bores me, I was at a festival last month and the dance tent was all dubstep full of teenagers!

I like the odd song but listening to a full set is painful! I like one or two slipknot songs but couldnt sit through a full gig!

Anyway, is this what dubstep has turned into?

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2011/08...tion-rave.html

Yeah...I tend to agree.

I like some of the dubstep...and the trashy stuff...no.

It is as you say....youngsters like the HEAVY....HARD....FAST....BANGING....DISTORTING party. Its not like they are EDM connoisseurs at all. Its not like they have been through the stages of EDM development etc.

For them, If the party is off the hook...its literally off the hook.

I know from experience that I used to love the fast banging shit....but now in my old age...I am prefering the slower more structured beats....not just a track that will make me go nuts. I still like those tracks....but I am not so single tracked anymore.

It is definitely a youngster\noobie type thing.

Dubstep itself is just a formula of beats....the structure of the drums....

They will have the noisiest shit....running over a Dubstep beat....it will not last man....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I think the lines have blurred between all genres. Drum & Bass for instance sounds slightly unrecognizable by standards of years past. I still enjoy the genre greatly and honestly find more "playable" with so many dub and electro / progressive house elements in the fray as of recent.

As for the link . . . This happens with everything. The commercialization of scenes used to discourage me, but such is society. _____ scene usually decays, the people smart enough to profit do so, and after a few years the seemingly dead scene reemerges under a new name and slightly altered sound.

As I see it you have three options. (1) Join them (2) Fight them, not physically (3) Continue being honest to your own taste and have fun

Tech Wizard

I think you may have found some evidence in that link to a genetic wasteland.

Tech Mentor

http://gotbassmusic.com/intro

Have a look for yourself! Pretty damn cool shows they put on and damn huge parties

By kids do you mean teens or 20-30 age?!
    VCI-100 (DJTT Overlay - 1.4) - Neon Yellow Knobs
    Midi-Fighter
    15" MacBook Pro (Quad-Core i7)
    Traktor Pro 2 w/ Audio 2 DJ
    Stephon Ikōs (www.soundcloud.com/gbushkuhl)

Tech Wizard

Dubstep is a victim.... Stop judging music based on the people who like it.... If dubstep wasn't popular with teenagers, nobody would hate it.

I've never seen a music argument as full of shit as the dubstep one. It's always old ravers who have nothing else going in their lives, who've been a part of the rave scene since they were kids the SAME AGE as the kids they're hating. If you genuinely dislike the sound of dubstep music, great... But don't have disrespect for it...
    I think both house music and trance music are probably the worst crap I've ever heard, but I don't bitch about it.... I let the people who like it, like it.

Also, do not simultaneously bitch about low attendance to your events, while bitching about dubstep bringing people into the scene.

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    However I think the term Dubstep has defiantly changed and its viewed as a very different monster to the early stuff I would describe as Dubstep.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    It is definitely a youngster\noobie type thing.
    these^^

Quote Originally Posted by vox5505 View Post
    Dubstep is a victim.... Stop judging music based on the people who like it.... If dubstep wasn't popular with teenagers, nobody would hate it.

I've never seen a music argument as full of shit as the dubstep one. It's always old ravers who have nothing else going in their lives, who've been a part of the rave scene since they were kids the SAME AGE as the kids they're hating. If you genuinely dislike the sound of dubstep music, great... But don't have disrespect for it...
    I think both house music and trance music are probably the worst crap I've ever heard, but I don't bitch about it.... I let the people who like it, like it.

Also, do not simultaneously bitch about low attendance to your events, while bitching about dubstep bringing people into the scene.
    LOL..
    imo
    People "hate" on "dubstep" because of the childish scene and poorly produced tunes.. aka Brostep.

Nero's album is amazing. Yes, its mainstream. No, I don't care.

ps boogiepop from L2?
    Last edited by DigitalDevil; 08-16-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    People "hate" on "dubstep" because of the childish scene and poorly produced tunes.. aka Brostep.
    Point of information. Brostep = Loud and OTT compared to the origins of dubstep. You can be that and be well produced. It's not fair to write off an entire scene as 'poorly produced' just because you don't like it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

If brostep wobble is the new dubstep can we come up with a new name for the stuff that Tectonic puts out? I don't know what to say anymore when people ask - what kind of music is this?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast