DJM-750 and traktor scratch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DJM-750 and traktor scratch

Does the DJM 750 work with traktor scratch? I know its not a certified mixer but does have a built in sound card.

I've found contradicting info online, there is a video on YouTube where some guy edits some files with a hex editor to enable full control.. I've seen a similar video for the DB4.

Hopefully someone here has tried it and can clear it up for me ?? :-)

I am tempted to buy a pioneer mixer but the price jump to the DJM-850 is a lot for hardly any improvements... The 750 is more in my price range but ultimately depends if I'll get it working with my timecodes.

Sounds like the hack "should" work, it was featured on the blog a while ago. Is this what you saw? http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/03/0...tch-certified/
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

I hacked my DNX1600 to work with Traktor. I even photocopied a "Traktor Scratch Certified" sticker to slap on the front, just for kicks.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    Sounds like the hack "should" work, it was featured on the blog a while ago. Is this what you saw? http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/03/0...tch-certified/
    I didn't see it on DJTT no, that article fills me with more confidence... they do link to one of the videos I seen, in the comments some guy says he couldn't get it to work with the DJM-750.

On my searches I came across the Denon DNX-1600 which is actually cheaper, has more features and has great reviews and is Traktor certified..decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I hacked my DNX1600 to work with Traktor. I even photocopied a "Traktor Scratch Certified" sticker to slap on the front, just for kicks.
    The DNX1600 is already certified according to NI: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...-x-1600-mixer/ ?
    Last edited by goodbytes; 04-23-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Tech Guru

Please everyone stop using the word 'hack' in this context. Its kind of embarrasing.

The workaround does work, but you wont get any kind of support if you have timecode or other issues.

+1 for the Denon. You will not be disappointed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by oddworld_audio View Post
    +1 for the Denon. You will not be disappointed.
    I've been watching reviews and reading about this mixer all morning, I'm struggling to find a reason not to buy it, other than it doesn't have a Pioneer sticker on it, which isn't a good enough reason..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Please everyone stop using the word 'hack' in this context. Its kind of embarrasing.

The workaround does work, but you wont get any kind of support if you have timecode or other issues.
    Why is it not a hack. It is a hack... workaround is a polite way of saying hack because people think it's ok to do it.
    Regardless of someones opinion on whether it's right, wrong, good or bad to do this hack you have to break your EULA that you sign when you buy Traktor - period.

Just cus it's easy to do and seen as having no consequences and a bit 'bitchin' on this forum does not make it any less of a hack.

I'm not getting on my high horse cus of my NI connections - I'm merely saying, call it as it is... a hack.

I would argue that a workaround is generally something you do to fix or get around something legitimately.

5. Licensee is not authorized to modify the software, unless it is to preserve or restore the agreed functions of the software purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    5. Licensee is not authorized to modify the software, unless it is to preserve or restore the agreed functions of the software purchased.
    I'm not totally sure that would hold up in court, particularly in the EU. As long as you're not directly causing NI to lose out financially, I'd imagine they'd get laughed at. I mean, if I bought the Audio 8 DVS kit, paid for upgrades and the timecode, what could possibly be the issue. The bottom line is that Native locking down the software is not only arbitrary, it's counter to the fact that if it's on a customer's machine, they shouldn't be allowed to decide how it's used. It's like the ridiculous anti-'jailbreak' laws in the US.

EDIT: most of the time, these provisions in the EULA are there to cover the software company's back in case something goes wrong: "See? We told them they can't do it, now look what happened!"
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I don't think it's a financial consideration for NI.
    I also don't think it would be something that NI would file proceedings for.

What they can do is revoke the licence for the software meaning no more activation or updates.

I would agree that is more than likely to protect NI if there were any issues caused by a hack but it would take some kind of idiot to ask NI (or the forum) for advice on hacked version... oh wait... that actually happens all the time :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast