Cloud Storage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Storage

Default Cloud Storage

Has anyone had experience using cloud storage to store and access your music?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Yeah - years ago I backed up my entire library to SkyDrive accounts - never used it since.

With the price of external HD's these days, it is really not worth trying to upload stuff to archive. Just regularly back-up, and replace drives if they start to play up.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

My current DJ collection is in Dropbox. My Mac is backed up locally to Time Machine and a bootable clone drive every night.

I also have Backblaze backing up my whole system.

If I ever need to access any of my DJ tracks away from my machine I can use Dropbox or Backblaze online or on mobile.

I have 4 TB available in my onedrive. Was thinking about moving all of my music over there and deejaying straight out of the skydrive.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Up to you mate.

Why not try it and report back how you get on?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I will try tonight with traktor and see whatsup.

Rekrodbox performed okay. Took forever to load the tunes. Traktor would keep giving audio dropouts. Serato seemed to fair pretty well. Only had one issue witha track not being analyzed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I have 4 TB available in my onedrive. Was thinking about moving all of my music over there and deejaying straight out of the skydrive.
    Microsoft has just announced dramatic changes to their storage tiers, i'm not sure how you have 4TB but that is likely to change... paid plans are being dropped down to 1TB from the previous 'unlimited' offering... free plans are being reduced also.

What do you mean 'DJ out of Skydrive' ? How can you load tracks that aren't physically on your device?

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    What do you mean 'DJ out of Skydrive' ? How can you load tracks that aren't physically on your device?
    I was going to ask the same question. I think I remember it being that skydrive just keeps a placeholder for the file on your drive and hen when you access it it retrieves the whole file? (have never used skydrive, but I think I read this somewhere).

I store all of my music in dropbox, but those files are also located on my hard drive, so no different to normal. I would never rely on an internet connection to get me my music at a gig!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    I was going to ask the same question. I think I remember it being that skydrive just keeps a placeholder for the file on your drive and hen when you access it it retrieves the whole file? (have never used skydrive, but I think I read this somewhere).

I store all of my music in dropbox, but those files are also located on my hard drive, so no different to normal. I would never rely on an internet connection to get me my music at a gig!
    Exactly, I can only assume he thinks putting his files into the Skydrive means they are only on Skydrive, which is not the case, they are still on his computer.

Sounds like trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.. Patch nailed it on: physical storage is cheap as chips these days... there is no reason to look for alternative solutions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast