New Traktor Soundcard Pics - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

good idea, so no one will ever use them

they look dope.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Default hey

why should they be firewire 800. The improved though rate would have no differnce to the sound, yes it is a hardware based protocol so you could have lower latency theoreticly, but pritty much no differnce.

There resources would be better spent making more stable drivers so that if the usb cable does get yanked during a set you can plug it back in and the sound comes pritty much str8 back on.

Oh yea 99% of laptops have usb 2.0 only about 50% have firewire. So half the people wouldnt be able to use it. Firewire will dissapear over the next 3 years so would be a pritty dumb move.

I beleive firewire is also licenced by appe not sure on this so would put up the cost

The next soundcards from NI the ones after these might be USB 3.0

Tech Guru

Hope this wasn't the big thing for Feb. :X

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    What do we think of these? Not official, but looks real enough and was instantly removed from the NI forum.
    No word on dual USBs.
    dj's around here bring their own soundcard and plug it in, no need for such things as dual usb. But i only know about the clubs in the area me and some friends worked in the clubs, maybe it is different in Frankfurt or Berlin, but i doubt it.

i also needed some time to think of the use of dual usb on the new serato soundcard just didn't occur to me that there are clubs that place a soundcard in the booth.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Man that Audio 6 is basically exactly what I want. What a kick in the teeth since I have aquired and Audio 4 within the last few months... maaaaayn. Anyone in england want to buy and Audio 4? It's better value than the Audio 6 if you're not interested in firing off samples! :P

Tech Convert

Looks like no Dual USB happening. Not a bummer for me, but now they really have to provide the best (software) experience in order to get people on(or over from Serato) to these - especially when it comes to club installations...

I'm still wondering how they did the back to back set in the teaser video with 2 laptops? Maybe they used 2 soundcards, chained together using the thru functionality on one of them?
    Last edited by GRiNSER; 02-02-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    MacBook Pro 15" Late 2007 (2,2 GHz/4 GB RAM/256GB SSD/OSX Lion) - Traktor Scratch Pro 2 (latest)
    Audio 10 - Audio 8 - Kontrol X1 - Usually playing 2 decks, either TC Vinyl or TC CD (Unfortunately not with Advanced HID)
    Sign my Traktor Advanced HID Petition

Pretty sweet, no word on the TA2? Wish it was a TA3

Tech Mentor

so did i get this right? with the audio 6 you can use 2 decks + route the sample deck(s) into the 3rd and use a 3 external channel mixer and have nearly the same control like using an audio 8 + the new software?
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

traktor TEN? goddamn
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast