Bad Digital DJs - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Bad Digital DJs

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You didn't show up to a club as a "rockstar DJ" and not have any clue what you're doing. You asked someone something.
    I think we should call them "DJ Hero's"

we shouldn´t do that, cause i want to call my self a dj hero one day...something like: "ed paris - comquerer of the sacred contoller and keeper of the ean golden flies"
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

heh, but i don't want ya'll to sully the Rockstar DJ name.
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Tech Wizard

Are u serious? All you need is a set of different cables to plug from your Soundcards OUTPUT into the clubs (preferably an open channel)MIXER. You then mix using your vci or bcd 3000. Keep everything flat on the outboard mixer and mix internally. WTF

We are here having issues with normal DJs cranking djm to the max. All VUs are clipping and they think they're good because everything is so loud.
    Either way, I too started with internal soundcard (the set of gigs were pre-agreed and my soundcard was late). I used splitter+rca doubler and it was actually one mono for the venue and one to the headphones. The venue had bad speakers so it matched well.
    Personally, liking cables, connectors and stuff, I'm always cable-prepared but when you have FastTrackPro crap you can never be prepared. I of all people know how it is when your gear dies on you, guring a gig, 10 times, every 30 minutes, bkz of a beer-fridge.
    Lots of non-digital DJs don't know a thing about cable connections nor audio headroom, makes you/me sick but that's life. Some are more lucky, other are smart. It evens out.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    So what have your run ins been with embarassingly bad laptop DJs?
    People need to learn their craft before jumping behind the decks at a club...
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 03-11-2009 at 12:38 PM.

[rant] Hi guys/gals! Just got home from the little cave its 3:48am hehe....Well they had a guest dj tonight. Well the guest dj shall remain name less, being that...well he suxed! big time, its not my night so I really didnt care, but what was funny that when he was coming in, I was at the door and he didnt say whats up, and was scared...he thought I was going to tell him something being that he canceled on me about 2 months ago @ my club louder than bombs! No call no show. I told the door guy and he was about to 86 him. I told him to be cool and just let him in like it was no big deal. I really wanted to tell him he it was not cool, but how do you approach someone with starting any trouble?[/rant]
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I really wanted to tell him he it was not cool, but how do you approach someone with starting any trouble?
    Easy, you just hit them with the chair from behind!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You can either walk up to him and say "Dude, that wasn't cool" or you can say nothing. *shrug* Whatever you do, don't do it when your wasted
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I was back at home this weekend and went out with some mates to a club that I've been going to for years. It was recently taken over by some guys who run a fairly decent night and the music is good even if the mixing is not the most creative, however to cut a long story short my mates now the sound guy and the guys who run what is billed as the biggest local night in my hometown don't actually use the mixer they load up recorded mixes in itunes and just use the mixer and headphones for show playing a pre recorded set, worst thing is though don't even know if its there sets there playing or if they're just ripping some poor guy off. This in a town where i can do the stuff they record - live and can't get a gig?!
    Traktor Pro, Live 7
    Vaio NR10E/S 1.46GHz, 3GB, 160GB HD,
    Echo Audiofire 2, KRK RP6
    Behringer DDM 4000, VCI 100 FW1.3

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast