Help!! Pioneer ddj-t1 or the S1 or the S4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Finally had a good thorough set yesterday(more than 2 hours in one row) and found myself very content finding that the S4, in combination with the MIDIfighter, is in fact the ultimate setup for spinning in Traktor.

"Gee, Captain Obvious strikes again!" you might say, but I was quite sceptical, thought that DDJ-T1 would be just as good, but I was wrong.

To be really honest, for me this controller, the Kontrol S4, marks even better than my much loved BCR2000 when spinning in Traktor.
    Something I would never have thought possible!!!

(This may sound staggering to many knowing my preaching/gospel of the BCR2000!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by StevieDee'j View Post
    well it looks like its decided, Im heading away from my pioneer roots over to the NI s4, ill still go have a feel but its pretty much decided, once i get it i'll drop a mix straight away, does traktor have record feature to record your mixes from the programme
    Nice move. Pioneer are out of there depth in controller market IMO... bit like when Technics brought out that CD deck, they just didn't quite get it.

Serious though, get a midi fighter too. Arcade buttons are so so nice to dj with.

Traktor has a record feature built in.

Man, traktor is gonna blow your mind when you get stuck into that badboy
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

i must say my dj pal put me onto this website for your review of serato, traktor and ableton then i clicked onto the forum, What an awsom community you's have going here, i never thought i would have this many replys, it been very helpful, im glad i asked because i was ready to go out and get the ddj-s1, my mind was made up just because i am a big pioneer fan + i cant wait for the free upgrade and get playing with traktor pro 2, i must admit one of the things i liked about serato when i used it in the past was the colour waves which traktor didnt have. but pro 2 has if you want to listen to my vocal/prog house mix click on this link

i bit out of my depth as i spin more funky house stuff + kept in key aswell

i did have a newer club mix, but soundcloud would not let me post it because it had eric morillos new promo in, which music inc italia removed the rights to post on soundcloud

Tech Wizard

The pioneer unit has better fit and finish than the S4.

It also works in the same way that you would expect Pioneer gear to work - I think the jog wheels on the S4 suck.

I'm waiting for Numark NS6 anyway. That, hands down, will be better than all the options listed in this thread.

Should be out next month.
    Known as Robtronik.

http://www.facebook.com.com/djrobtronik | Visit, Like, Stay in touch.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robtronik View Post
    The pioneer unit has better fit and finish than the S4.

It also works in the same way that you would expect Pioneer gear to work - I think the jog wheels on the S4 suck.

I'm waiting for Numark NS6 anyway. That, hands down, will be better than all the options listed in this thread.

Should be out next month.
    i like the look of the ns6 + i love the look of the pioneer units because its typical of there style, the problem for me with the ns6 it only comes with serato itch, they could atleast treat you to the full program which the s4 is doing and an upgrade to traktor pro 2, i must admit i have noticed on the S4 that it has short faders and short pitch bar control, what are these like on the s4 specially when iv been used with pioneers long faders and pitch

He has already decided to go for the S4.

(A little tl;dr, mate? )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

well one of the things i am dying to know, is why is the Pioneer ddj-s1 £300 pound more than the S4 and T1 even though it dosnt seem to have anymore features than either, i am hoping someone has had an experiance on the new pioneer controllers + there is nowhere around my way where you can go and try them out
    One of the reasons the DDJ S1 is more expensive than the others as I was told, is because the other two are Digital Controllers using traktor where the Serato one uses analogue hardware aswell. Also, Pioneer may have had to pay more on the liscensing side for Serato than for Traktor seeing as it is a more expensive piece of software...

As to a previous comment about pioneer being overrated I have to point out that you are paying for a brandname but at the same time pioneer offers better quality (built and audio etc.) equipment than pretty much any other company. It depends what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by KennyEpstein View Post
    One of the reasons the DDJ S1 is more expensive than the others as I was told, is because the other two are Digital Controllers using traktor where the Serato one uses analogue hardware aswell. Also, Pioneer may have had to pay more on the liscensing side for Serato than for Traktor seeing as it is a more expensive piece of software...

As to a previous comment about pioneer being overrated I have to point out that you are paying for a brandname but at the same time pioneer offers better quality (built and audio etc.) equipment than pretty much any other company. It depends what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend.
    i must admit i agree with you on pioneers build quality is awsom apart from the hdj1000 + ill have 2000 to spend, but iv been watchin vids on youtube of people rocking it and i must admit it looks awsom

Tech Mentor

i must admit i agree with you on pioneers build quality is awsom apart from the hdj1000 + ill have 2000 to spend, but iv been watchin vids on youtube of people rocking it and i must admit it looks awsom
    NI's S4 that is

Tech Convert

A good deal is based on personal preference as the layout of the two traktor controllers are more suited for different styles of djing. NI's S4 is the way to go by far if a controllerism style of djing is what you're after. The hotcues and sample decks are amazing, and are very nicely placed right under the jog wheel. If you're looking more into club scene I would recommend the ddj even only based on the layout. The layout is of the club standard Pioneer CDJ's which you will find almost everywhere. There is also a bigger jog wheel with illuminated LEDs. I personally am just just starting out in clubs and am planning to pick up some cdj's myself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast