Pioneer xdj-r1?? - Page 18
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I think the Agripod listing also has a bit of an error - they mention the colour effects as '(Filter, Crush, Noise and Jet)' but I think it's Pitch not Jet
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Yeh - really wish record was on the R1 - shame really if it isn't
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Tech Mentor

I guess we will just have to wait until its released to find out the exact specs for certain. I rang a dealer here in London asking if he knew the day of release, he said "basically mate, we'll get a phone call from Pioneer telling us they're arriving tomorrow"

I am actually rather excited, and I think will be buying one. The same dealer said Pioneer brought one in for them to have a look at a few weeks back and he said the jogwheels are MUCH more solid feeling than a 350, and he likened the overall build quality to an 850 in terms of the build materials of the housing.

Tech Mentor

Just occurred to me. If they implemented ADVANCED HID for Traktor (as even the 400s have, although not sure how that would work with only one USB connection) and you could have A + B controlling Traktor sometimes, while also being able to switch them into USB & CD sometimes seamlessly in the mix, this unit would destroy all in its path.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dillinger23 View Post
    Just occurred to me. If they implemented ADVANCED HID for Traktor (as even the 400s have, although not sure how that would work with only one USB connection) and you could have A + B controlling Traktor sometimes, while also being able to switch them into USB & CD sometimes seamlessly in the mix, this unit would destroy all in its path.
    if they made this a 4 channel mixer and had HID, that would have been a game changer.

Tech Guru

The R1 is a direct competitor to Traktor so you won't be seeing HID integration. Is there even going to be HID at all from the R1? Doesn't seem likely.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

it runs Virtual DJ so HID is possible

Tech Mentor

I completely agree mate. Its whole raison d'être is basically to muscle Traktor out of the bedroom, but then again... the nexus range now offers plug and play ADVANCED HID Traktor control, and you could argue that their PRO booth hardware is a direct competitor! I'm sure we will see hacked Tsi files before too long and would not be surprised if official support comes along later as Pioneer's position on Traktor is a little well... passive aggressive. "I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!!! ..... but I'm going to implement advanced HID" Re: the USB record confusion. I just checked an image of the Aero. It has a specific master record button. So I think its safe to assume it sadly doesn't have record, unless they decide to implement it at some later date as a SHIFTKEY command or something in a firmware update. They do seem to be happy to sometimes do such things as the T1 mixer updates have shown.
    Last edited by dillinger23; 06-06-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    it runs Virtual DJ so HID is possible
    afaik VDJ runs on MIDI, not HID
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

gotcha, so much for that then, lol