Question for those who use the S4 for gigging?
    Tech Mentor

Default Question for those who use the S4 for gigging?

For all of you who use the S4 for gigging, how have you guys dealt with the no booth output issue? I know there are some work arounds, what are some of the things you guys do to make it all work?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I haven't used booth monitors in quite some years now. A good pair of cans is all I need

Tech Mentor

I just plug into the house mixer if there is one.. If not I just rely on my headphones like Padi had stated.

Just rely on your headphones, the gig I played last week had some decent monitors on stage so that helped.

Tech Convert

I use the 1/4" outs for the house speakers and the RCA out for my monitors. Both sets of monitors that I own have independent volume control. I control the booth volume using the knob on the monitors.
    Kontrol S4 MK1 | Kontrol F1 | Maschine MK1 | Akai APC 40 MK1 | Numark Mixdeck | Novation TWITCH
    (2) Technics 1200 MK2 | (2) Denon DN-SC3900 | Pioneer DJM 707 | Denon DN-X1600 |
    MBP 15" 2.4 GHZ Intel Core i5 | M-Audio Oxygen 25 | Korg nanoKONTROL2 | NI Audio 6 | Rane SL1

Quote Originally Posted by ceeeluvv View Post
    I use the 1/4" outs for the house speakers and the RCA out for my monitors. Both sets of monitors that I own have independent volume control. I control the booth volume using the knob on the monitors.
    That works well for me.
    Traktor Pro 2 | Macbook Pro 15" i7 | Kontrol S4 | MidiFighter Classic | Perseverance

Coming up soon: brand new Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

AIAIAI or SHD25 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.