[OT] Played my first bar / lounge gig last night!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [OT] Played my first bar / lounge gig last night!

Hey Guys!

I couldn't share last night, since I was super tired and had / have a ton of studying to do but I just wanted to share that I played my first bar / lounge gig last night and it was phenomenal.

The venue was a very small intimate place. In fact if you didn't know about the place 99.99% of the people would drive straight passed the lounge. When I entered the first things I noticed were that the extremely intimate but really really nice. Very nice seating arrangements, great candle lit lighting and all around an awesome place. I know i'll be taking girls there.

Anyway on to the set, so I played for an hour and fifteen minutes of progressive house since that was my a lotted time and the venue's genre and all I can say is when I looked around I saw everyone enjoying the music and having great conversations and a good time.

It was an amazing all around experience, even though I played progressive house which is not my first pick of music I truly enjoyed playing and am truly jelly of all of you guys with residencies!

Jus wanted to share .

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Congrats man.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Nice one mate!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I literally have no idea what progressive house is.

but congrats!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Nice!

I find the smaller gigs the best!

The vibe is awesome..and playing at the same level as the punters is cool!

The stage thing....is ....cool.but .....yeah.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I literally have no idea what progressive house is.

but congrats!
    LOL that's what I said, and Itajen was like 'yo you aint no DJ if you donno what that is!'

Glad I wasn't the only one! I'll be playing all progressive on my show on Thursday, i'll throw up a list afterwards as well.

And thank you guys

Tech Mentor

Nice, sounds like a cool place. Hope you get to play there again. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Hey Guys!

I couldn't share last night, since I was super tired and had / have a ton of studying to do but I just wanted to share that I played my first bar / lounge gig last night and it was phenomenal.

The venue was a very small intimate place. In fact if you didn't know about the place 99.99% of the people would drive straight passed the lounge. When I entered the first things I noticed were that the extremely intimate but really really nice. Very nice seating arrangements, great candle lit lighting and all around an awesome place. I know i'll be taking girls there.

Anyway on to the set, so I played for an hour and fifteen minutes of progressive house since that was my a lotted time and the venue's genre and all I can say is when I looked around I saw everyone enjoying the music and having great conversations and a good time.

It was an amazing all around experience, even though I played progressive house which is not my first pick of music I truly enjoyed playing and am truly jelly of all of you guys with residencies!

Jus wanted to share .
    Congrats dude. Hey when you come back for summer what are you trying to spin?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast