Sick Traktor TSI. But doesn't work - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    What..? That guy is a troll. He only posts "You need to read me" or "Can I Help" but he never helps. He just posts troll rubbish.
    Ive warned him before and now I have banned his fake/troll account. Thats why i called him a jack ass.

Why be diplomatic to someone who has made a fake/troll account and does not actually contribute in anyway what-so-ever to this forum. For all you know he may actually not know anything about Traktor and he's just having a laugh. Either way he's gone.

If it was a regular member I would not speak to him in that way. Jees is that not obvious.

Also, simply posting RTFM helps no-one.
    If he's just another troll, why respond to him at all?
    I've been coming here long enough to know that that kind of behavior isn't standard issue for a mod, but for someone who just came to this forum, this is pretty excessive at first glance.

And why doesn't posting RTFM help anyone? There's a reason those books come with the devices!
    Why not *gasp* take the chance to actually learn something about your device?!

I actually find it quite weird the way this forum seems to be motivating beginners to get info spoon fed to them and also justify it.

[EDIT]

Nevermind, actually, this is getting way too offtopic.
    Last edited by Audeo; 03-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    If he's just another troll, why respond to him at all?
    Why not..? I might be a Mod but I'm not a robot. He is probably a regular member dicking about and I have already warned him.

I cannot believe you are defending someone that has offered zero help. I don't see you helping in this thread either.

Maybe a newbie might think "woah trolls aren't tolerated here and that Mod has a sense of humour".
    It was hardly harsh now was it..?

Saying that RTFM is not helpful is not the same as spoon feeding people.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Why not..? I might be a Mod but I'm not a robot. He is probably a regular member dicking about and I have already warned him.

I cannot believe you are defending someone that has offered zero help. I don't see you helping in this thread either.

Maybe a newbie might think "woah trolls aren't tolerated here and that Mod has a sense of humour".
    It was hardly harsh now was it..?

Saying that RTFM is not helpful is not the same as spoon feeding people.
    I'm not defending anyone. That's not even my point. I'm just saying he's right. Which he is, even you damn well know it.
    Simple stuff like this isn't really worth starting a thread over, is it now? It's Traktor basics that's been covered a zillion times over in every Traktor related manual and forum.

I know that buying expensive stuff doesn't make one smart, but not even putting a little effort in reading up on your purchase is just decadent.

You saying I'm not helping? That's correct, but also the pot calling the kettle black.
    I've examined the .tsi and I see nothing weird, so it must be OP's Traktor/mac/MIDI settings that were wrong, but he's got it fixed now.

As for calling someone names, and considering that "humour".. I won't even go into that.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

I would say that RTFM is helpful though. First, it tells the person asking the question that the answer is, in fact, in the manual. Thus they don't waste time paging through it to find an answer that's not even there. Second, it's psychological conditioning; if you go on a forum and ask a stupid question that's covered in the manual, you get a terse response. I'd estimate that at least a third of the questions asked on this forum could be answered by reading the manual, and many posters don't even bother to look at it. It is a dickish response, but it's also fostering self-sufficiency over asking a question on the forum and letting other people do the work for you. Hell, I've even answered several questions about products that I don't even own by googling the manual and giving the OP the answer. Something like "how do I set up a midi controller in Traktor" can not only be answered by the manual, but by several step-by-step videos on youtube AND by several posts on this very forum. "RTFM" and "USE SEARCH" are hostile responses, yes, but they're also responses for a reason: spoonfeeding answers to people who are too lazy to even try to find said answers themselves is a waste of time. An account for the sole purpose of posting "RTFM" though is definitely a troll though and I wouldn't bat an eye seeing it banned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123