Starting a show Music Over Politiks need some help tho ???
    Tech Mentor

Default Starting a show Music Over Politiks need some help tho ???

Hey everyone whats going on ??

I recently start a show called Music Over Politiks got the name encorporated and everything .. the purpose of the show is to get more in depth behind the scenes of upcoming and already established DJs basically all the politiks they have to go through and BS its gonna be awesome ... however it is very similar to the infamous Pioneer DJ Sound Show out of Ibiza but with a twist and slight difference ... I have a few questions about start up ?? the show will consist of a 30 minute interview with DJ's, Promoters, club owners, nightlife staff, and so on ... when a DJ is on he will have his 30 minute interview but then do a 45 minute live mix ... The equipment i have is 4 cdj pioneer nexus's, 1 pioneer DJM 900, and 1 pioneer RMX 1000, speakers 12inch QSC with 15 inch sub ... also have multiple gopro cameras and main camera is a Nikon DSLR D5100 with Beach tek microphone adapter for microphones ... however my question is i see alot of people using a mix board for volume eqing ??? do i need that ?? also for recording i will be recording the interviews through the DSLR camera and for the DJ mix i will be recording out of the DJM 900 with the reloop usb tape recorder .... what is another way of recording everything at once like they do on the DJ pioneer show ?? Thank you

given how much you have spent on the performance gear already..If youre planning on having serious DJs on your show and recording them playing live, you probably want to invest in something more professional than a reloop usb recorder. you also probably want someone that knows something about recording to do the work too if you want the sets to be worth listening to in the future.

sounds like a nice set up tho
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    given how much you have spent on the performance gear already..If youre planning on having serious DJs on your show and recording them playing live, you probably want to invest in something more professional than a reloop usb recorder. you also probably want someone that knows something about recording to do the work too if you want the sets to be worth listening to in the future.

sounds like a nice set up tho

absolutely i also have the duet 2 that i can record into Logic X with also

The first thing I learned about dslr audio and recording is that the on board sound on all dslrs suck. You should be doing a wired or wireless laviler mic setup RODE just came out with a new system RODELINK. If you want to do on board sound recording you should look at the JuciedLinked or TASCAM solutions.
    Numark 4 Trak | VCI-400 | Fostex PM0.3 Bookshelf Monitors | The Triple Threat NI-F1, N1-X1-MK2, NI-Z1 | Serato DJ/Flip