ID3 tag help

Thread: ID3 tag help

Default ID3 tag help

Hey guys,

so ive started organizing my music by genre/Intensity/key/bpm but in editing the ID3 tags in MIK and itunes, they wont write over to traktor (some do and some do not). -- side note => yes i know about MIK's "reliability" but that is not the issue here as i plan on going back through and editing the tags manually for accuracy, but would rather not do that for ALL of the tracks. as i have quite a large collection.

ive tried switching the ID tags to v2.3 and checking the consistancy in traktor yet not all of them have shown up (im guessing maybe half worked)

is there anything i can do short of re importing all of my tracks into traktor again? also, if i delete them from my library in traktor do i lose all my cues or are they still stored in the ID3 tag

Thanks guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Comeon guys,

i just want some reassurance before i delete shit (so i dont lose anything)

I think the only reason my ID3 tags arent updating from itunes into other programs... traktor mainly. and i think its because i have duplicates on my HD (itunes music/downloads folder) and traktors feeding off one and Itunes the other -- so theyre nots updating in some cases and not in the others]
    ive tried a few different things like changing the versions. clearing the comments and then editing them ect and nothings really worked

if i delete everything in traktor will i lose all my cues/grids --- but the songs are still on my computer in itunes as it autoadds from the downloads folder when i dl a song .. but is it a completely different file?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djnesquigs View Post
    i think its because i have duplicates on my HD (itunes music/downloads folder) and traktors feeding off one and Itunes the other
    I think this is the root of your problem. Are the files that won't change in Traktor AAC files that were purchased from iTunes?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

nah mp3's. ive added some from itunes (get info then drag and drop from finder--itunes music folder) and some directly from where i downloaded em to.

im thinkin if i just clear my download folder...theoretically i hsould still have all my tunes in itunes.

if i do that tho, imma just gonna wipe traktor and reload em all in (i feel like im gonna lose a few of the tracks cues and whatnot but thats fine) i just wanted to see if what i thought was happening really was... cause last time i wiped it i lost everything.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Check consistency if you are afraid of losing stuff (it should update the tags as well). Remove missing or relocate them in your iTunes folder.

ive checked the consistancy in traktor, and it updated some but not all. thats why i think its not updating them all because some arent located through itunes if you catch my drift.

i just wanna figure out what the problem most likely is before i do anything (i have something like 19,000 songs)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

:/ I was in a similar spot at the end of last year and decided to reorganize my HD and consolidate the music in 2 places, archived and temp. only tracks that are healthy, been key analized and have their tags 100% correct enter the archive and Traktor.

It's tedious at the beginning but at least you know that in the end you will have a tight library.

Yeah, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything stupid before I went on a deleting frenzy.

Did you do alll of your organizing in itunes? (Right now I've got smart playlists by genre organized by intensity-key-bpm)

Any hints about using itunes to organize/export pllaylists to. Traktor?

sent from droid