First College gig...now i understand
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First College gig...now i understand

So i finally got to spin at a house around campus, and now i understand all those pet peeves that many of you complain about.

Had a kid start touching my jog wheel and messing up the song. Had plenty of people come up telling me to play their song cause they are so "important" and "thats their song".

But besides all of that it was awesome and i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum!
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Tech Mentor

yeah people touching the jogwheel are always bad.

my jogwheels are deactivated when playing, only when i press shift, i can seek trough deck a/b with them, so people can always "do" something if they want and nothing happends when they touch them out of nowhere.

congrats to your first gig.

greets

You lost you gig-ginity
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I use Serato so once I get a song playing I immediately put it to INT. mode. So whatever someone touches then nothing will happen.

Tech Convert

I had a drunk girl SIT on a turntable while I was playing that track. So happy it wasn't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    You lost you gig-ginity
    lol

And i guess i should go about setting something like that up for my mappings
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

With modifiers you can set your jog wheels to automatically lock.

For example, I don't scratch. So in my basic "play" function, when the Vinyl mode is pressed nothing happens with the jog wheels. So when people start bugging me I just hit that so in case they decide to be dickheads nothing happens.

And don't forget you can turn them off by pressing both Vinyl mode buttons at the same time.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post

And don't forget you can turn them off by pressing both Vinyl mode buttons at the same time.
    nice.. didn't know that one.. thx
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I remember playing a deep house set in a new bar in town. I was still using vinyl at the time and only had the one record box with me with around 100 tunes in it. It was all my own gear and I had built a set of stands for everything to sit on.

Anyway, there was this one girl who continually asked for 'something she could dance to'. When I asked her what she wanted she said Castles in the Sky by Ian Van Dahl. I said I didn't have anything like this and the night had been advertised as a deep house set. She then asked for Cascada and all manner of Euro-Pop. I told her I was sorry but I didn't have any of that type of music.
    She disappeared, only to return with a friend and they both began to slag off my appearance, gear and style of music. I stopped the decks, turned the power off and told the remaining punters that it was the fault of these two air headed bimbos. It was a risky move but it paid off. The other punters ejected them out of the bar and told them not to come back until they had sorted out the attitude!

The basic morale of that story is that there will normally be a larger contingent of decent folk wherever you're playing. Try to remember they are the ones you have to keep happy. The idiots? Well, you can't legislate for them, can you?

Default Re: First College gig...now i understand

Good shit krill!

Btw anyone touches my jog wheel. Imma f-en stab you! I know mexican judo!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast