Latest mix on soundcloud.. Discotheque (Tech-House/House)

Default Latest mix on soundcloud.. Discotheque (Tech-House/House)

Title:

LiamboYoungson - Discotheque [Tech-House/House]

Tracklist:

Nalin & Kane – Beachball (Joris Voorn Remix)
    Rony Seikaly ft. Polina - Let You Go (Belocca & Soneec Remix)
    Dani L. Mebuis – Synths & Strings (Original Mix)
    Format B – Gospel
    Lake & Lys – Atari Funked the Amstrad (Orignal Mix)
    Tom Novy – Now or Never (Lissat & Voltaxx Remix)
    Koen Groeneveld & Addy Van Der Zwan – Do it, Do it
    Lake & Lys – Conga (Original Mix)
    Nightriders – Hey (Lake Remix)

Specifications – 50 minutes, 256kbps, MP3 available for download.

Description and art work – This mix was recording TSP, 2x cdj400’s, djm700k & NI Kontrol X1.

Reason - I was wanting to do something rather different and after years of being pure CDJ and vinyl based I thought i would give my newly TSP a go.. So excuse one or two of the looping and filters in the middle of one or two tracks. Was just testing new waters. But recording this was great fun and the Kontrol X1 lets you concentrate on tune selection and more hands on rather than looking and using the laptop all the time! Highly recommend it!

Feedback appreciated!

Any comments?

Hey Liambo

Just listened to the mix and enjoyed it a lot. Good song selection - I have most of those.

Now the bad bits... the mix between tracks 2 and 3 didn't sound quite right to me, there was a little too much happening in the incoming track for a smooth mix. The last mix that went into "Hey" was also a little too long for me: "Hey" is a great track and I would have liked to have heard a cut into one of the more interesting parts of the song.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, most of the transitions were very good, just thought I'd give you my feedback.

Cheers
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianofmcmillan View Post
    Hey Liambo

Just listened to the mix and enjoyed it a lot. Good song selection - I have most of those.

Now the bad bits... the mix between tracks 2 and 3 didn't sound quite right to me, there was a little too much happening in the incoming track for a smooth mix. The last mix that went into "Hey" was also a little too long for me: "Hey" is a great track and I would have liked to have heard a cut into one of the more interesting parts of the song.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, most of the transitions were very good, just thought I'd give you my feedback.

Cheers
    Ian
    Thanks for taking the time to listen this is the kind of stuff i need. I understand what you mean about the transition from 2 - 3 and also when i mix in "Hey" I always find "Hey" quite a nightmare to mix on CDJ's never mind vinyl and time codes with Traktor.

As I said it was the first time experimenting with TSP which i really enjoyed but need to take time out and learn some of it because im a tradition CDJ/Vinyl kinda guy, have been for 5+ years.

Here's a very quick transition from "Teenage Crime" to "Hey"... quite a risky drop but I was in the safety of my living room ;-)

Hi Liambo

I really enjoyed the mix and song selections .

But try recording it at a highter volume, maybe turn up the gain on the recording. It played quite softly on my mp3 player evan though I had on full blast.

On the plus side it did not set off my tennitus

good work
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by ianofmcmillan View Post
    Here's a very quick transition from "Teenage Crime" to "Hey"... quite a risky drop but I was in the safety of my living room ;-)
    Quite a brave mix there! And works well! But damn i wouldn't try that kind of thing lol! As i said the whole mix was an experiment with TSP using two 1200 mk2s. Ill record something else soon. But thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Hi Liambo

I really enjoyed the mix and song selections .

But try recording it at a highter volume, maybe turn up the gain on the recording. It played quite softly on my mp3 player evan though I had on full blast.

On the plus side it did not set off my tennitus

good work
    Thanks for listening, yeah im aware that its slightly low. But i used the internal recording in Traktor and that's a first for me, i normally use Audacity with TT's/CDJ's.

Im happy it never set off your tinnitus, its a nightmare!

Tech Wizard

Loved the disco feel throughout the entire mix. Mixing was good except what was already noted, although I liked the way you brought it "hey" since it had that build up to it. To each their own. Good work
    ::.VCI-100 SE 1.4.::::.Traktor 1.2.7.::
    ::.Motu-Ultralite.::.OSX 10.6.6.::
    http://twitter.com/PhunkTronix
    http://www.mixcloud.com/phunktronix/

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    Quite a brave mix there! And works well! But damn i wouldn't try that kind of thing lol! As i said the whole mix was an experiment with TSP using two 1200 mk2s. Ill record something else soon. But thanks for your feedback.
    I went from using 1210s to CDJs and then to using Traktor with a controller so I've never tried the timecode stuff. Good on you though - nothing better than the feel of real turntables!