Traktor remix deck question. Loops.
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor remix deck question. Loops.

I'd like to use the remix decks just for loops I create on the fly from decks A or B. How do I configure traktor so that when I drop the loop to an open slot, it starts automatically, have the same volume and efx settings carry over, and stop the deck the loop came from?

Thanks for your help.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Fx buffers can't be carried between decks.

Tech Mentor

you can however use the loop recorder to record a passage with fx etc and it will autoplay once it finishes recording. then you can drag it into a remix deck or use the f1 to capture from loop recorder.

If you want loop to start automatically you need to send two massages at once but not in very same time, there needs to be a little delay in between because on press loop become loaded /delay/ go play. I'm not sure if even VCI400 EGE could send massages in that manor and it can send multiple massages from one button.

There is one mapping for this but it requires velocity sensitive button because of other mappable CC and one button-inc modifier.

Tech Mentor

maybe you could map the press down to do the loop loaded into remix deck, then on release do the play loop+sync?

not sure bout your controller, but pretty sure the maschines have separate press/release functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by trux View Post
    maybe you could map the press down to do the loop loaded into remix deck, then on release do the play loop+sync?

not sure bout your controller, but pretty sure the maschines have separate press/release functionality.
    Already tried that a while ago and it won't work on my bcd or keyboard... Did you try to map it that way?

Tech Mentor

not for this particular thing, but i have mapped some quneo functions on the jogwheels to turn stuff on when you press down and move your finger around, and turn stuff off when you let go (but that might be slightly different cos of the type of control it is)

So quneo has arrived? Have you tried spilling some bier over it?

Tech Mentor

lol yah it came in yesterday!! last night i was drinking some extremely crappy brew but resisted that urge