Layering kontrol S2's default mapping with the MIDI mode - how?

Default Layering kontrol S2's default mapping with the MIDI mode - how?

Hey there guys

I am trying to make a custom S2 mapping which is only activated when the SHIFT + SHIFT is pressed (making the S2 go in midi mode) because i really like the default mapping but also wanna add my own custom stuff to the midi mode

however, When I added another mapping (from the menu - NI - S2 - User mapping)

And try to maps things in SHIFT + SHIFT mode, it doesnt register anything?

Am i missing something here? I thought the Shift + Shift mode is like a blank canvas which we can add things on top of the S2 default mapping?

i tried to google things but was unable to get a concrete answer

anyone know how to?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

I don't own a s2 so that's pure guesses: you have to use first the controller editor to set up the controls as you want them to be (channels & cc messages), then you have to create a generic midi device in the controller manager to create the midi mapping, set the in & out port correctly.
    And if the s2 is like the s4, some buttons like shift may not send a midi message by themselves, they are a kind of built-in modifiers that change directly midi messages when pressed. As I said, those are only guesses.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    I don't own a s2 so that's pure guesses: you have to use first the controller editor to set up the controls as you want them to be (channels & cc messages), then you have to create a generic midi device in the controller manager to create the midi mapping, set the in & out port correctly.
    And if the s2 is like the s4, some buttons like shift may not send a midi message by themselves, they are a kind of built-in modifiers that change directly midi messages when pressed. As I said, those are only guesses.
    he hit the nail on the head.

you don't necessarily have to got to the controller editor first, but know that every button on the controller is set up as a cc toggle so you will not get the desired function. it's best to go through the controller editor first so you don't have to re-map it later.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That's because you are adding a new HID(NHL) page, you need to add "generic midi"