Please Help with Beatgridding
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please Help with Beatgridding

I know this has been asked and answered and pounded on so many times, I have seen the threads and yet (who knows maybe i am mentally retarded) I still do not understand how to beatgrid, can somebody explain in laments terms (maybe with pictures or something of what exactly to look for).... Right now all I am doing is finding the first beat and then I zoom in onto that beat and move the beatgrid marker to the exact beginning of that beat and I save it... seems to me that my beatgridding doesn't sync well when I am transitioning into other songs or even when I am looping ... I just do not get it .. I really would like to learn how to beatgrid properly. Thanks, sorry for the repetitive question.

1> Drop Grid Marker On A Beat.
    2> Move Marker Untill The Grid Is Tight.
    3> Follow The Track Through Making Adjustments to the BPM Where Needed (Using The Second Row Of Arrows)
    4> Rock Out.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What kind of music are you gridding?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Have you seen this video? How Ean sets the first grid marker with the cue is a bit different than I'd do it, but he does explain the basics fairly clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW8X9RSt7A

Something Ean also doesn't mention is you can enter (I think) as many beat grid markers as you'd like. So if you have, for instance, a track that has a real drummer in it, who can't keep a perfect beat (no human can), then you can set multiple beat grid markers to correct the "off-rhythm" of the drummer.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

What I do is get a visually close grid and then just adjust using my ear and my jogwheel on the s4 with sync off to a specific track in my collection that is correct... works pretty well...be aware that some older edm will waver a bit, beatport mp3 or no...so you will have to do some manual adjustments on the fly...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post

So if you have, for instance, a track that has a real drummer in it, who can't keep a perfect beat (no human can), x
    scamo

what about humans playing to click tracks?

and i also occasionally stumble on an old tune where the drummer or the way the song was edited, or both, is so near perfect that you can keep them mixed with minimal pitch riding.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Well, you could say, every time you have to bump the jog while mixing, that would be a beat grid marker. So do it once with a beat grid marker, while beat gridding, turn on sync and never worry about having to bump the jog again. Then you'd have more time to do other probably more important and wicked things.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

muse are perfect either they use drum machines or the drummer is a machine
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

I mix mainly electro house. ... I don't get what you mean by #2 .. make sure the grid is tight??? How do you know if your beatgrid is correct?

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast