Beatmatching in Key? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmic023 View Post
    I've always stuck to +/- 4% max when playing vinyl, to avoid pitch problems.

This always seems to work when digital DJ'ing too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellgieff View Post
    As a personal opinion, a key clash can actually be an interesting effect if you're looking to make people uncomfortable. Tension -> Release?
    Thanks for your insight! It is greatly appreciated.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Oh fuck key detection software. It's all pants. Just listen to your damn music. Does it sound good together? Good. Play it then.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpopinjay View Post
    does it sound good together? Good. Play it then.
    and 1+1=2
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    and 1+1=10
    Fixed that for you.

There's also a really, really interesting number group where you take it as axiomatic that 1+1 = 0.

All of which is just to say: many of the things you think are natural laws, aren't. This applies even more strongly here, where the best advice is (and always will be) "trust your ears".

I think I'm agreeing with you, btw.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by ellgieff View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    tu meke bro, which part of wellywood you from? I'm from Wainuiomata where all the cool dudes are. lmfao
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    tu meke bro, which part of wellywood you from? I'm from Wainuiomata where all the cool dudes are. lmfao
    J'Ville, bro. Although I grew up in Strathmore Park :P
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Mentor

I tried using key detection software and it skull effed all my tracks meta data....probably user error, but it was enough to discourage future use! Now, I just use my ears.

My first attempt at a harmonic mix is up on my mix cloud: mixcloud.com/knightsoftheround

Tech Mentor

harmonic mixing is good for doing long blends.... u sould be able to tell if something is going good or not if it doesnt i normally cut it or dont play it... its more of a guide line to mixing i would say

i read up on that mixed in key and its the best programme for it..but out of all the songs that got tested with it.. it was only 66% accurate waste of money imho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123