DJ Meetup Group

Thread: DJ Meetup Group

Default DJ Meetup Group

Hey folks! I run SFDG - the San Francisco DJ Group. It's an Open Turntable format (think Open Mic for DJ's) and we are now hosting the event at MIST. It will be our 35th event (!!!) and hopefully things are settled and we're back to a weekly schedule. (We used to be at Azul but they were bought and closed down.)

This event is, more than anything else, for and by DJ's - regardless of skill level. We encourage an open and somewhat geeky environment and generally cover as many genres of music as possible. On any given night you'll hear hip-hop, disco, electro, house, or drum and bass.

There are generally 6 slots during happy hour from 5pm to 10pm on Thursday nights. The first four slots are 45 minutes long and then the last two are one hour long. To get on the decks we ask that you submit a mix and attend at least one meetup.

You can find out more info on Meetup where we do our scheduling as well as on our Facebook page.

Meetup
    http://meetup.sfdgpresents.com/

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/SFDG-...86062331429808

I know there are a lof of local DJ's so come on by!

cover charge? and 21+ i assume?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    cover charge? and 21+ i assume?
    No cover! It's a gig we're not trying to make money on - it's more about networking and meeting other DJ's.

Yes, 21+. Good point.
    Last edited by djlofi; 08-16-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by djlofi View Post
    No cover! It's a gig we're not trying to make money on - it's more about networking and meeting other DJ's.

Yes, 21+. Good point.
    Bummer, I would go but my girl likes to go to my shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Wizard

DJLofi, Since you run the group do you know if theres any affiliate groups in NYC? Sounds like a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by riotto View Post
    DJLofi, Since you run the group do you know if theres any affiliate groups in NYC? Sounds like a great idea
    YES! There is - which is where I started and am still affiliated with. Check out ADG/Astoria DJ Group. They run a weekly Open TurnTable event at Vig Bar on the LES. Check them out and say hello to my old crew for me. Here are some links:

Astoria DJ Group on Meetup:
    http://www.meetup.com/Astoria-DJ-Meetup-Group/

ADG on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Astor...20173968001662