New Macbook Pros coming?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New Macbook Pros coming?

So my 6 year old Macbook is in need of replacing.

Tax return time is here and I really need to get out there and start giggin, so It's time to upgrade. My current MB is way too sketchy to gig so its kind of holding me back.

I know new MBPs are on the way and I was just wondering if anyone was "in the know" or heard any legit news.

I all keep seeing is they will be coming (announced or released?) in Q2. Getting the Retina Display screens is the most significant change I've seen.

Everything is just a rumour to be fair until Apple announce it or add sneaky speed increases to current lines, you'll always see the rumours doing the rounds but I always think, "I'll believe it when I see it"

Last rumour I heard was a 15" MacBook Pro but size wise it'll be like the MacBook Air
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Mentor

This site has a pretty good timeline regarding Apple product releases.
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

I'm guessing it will be out late spring/early summer. I just don't want to buy it in March and then Apple drops the release date a week later.

Tech Convert

When it does hits stores, I am lining up.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C.Lukas1 View Post
    Tax return time is here
    Well it is at the end of March in UK and thats when my next Mac will be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    Everything is just a rumour to be fair until Apple announce it or add sneaky speed increases to current lines, you'll always see the rumours doing the rounds but I always think, "I'll believe it when I see it"

Last rumour I heard was a 15" MacBook Pro but size wise it'll be like the MacBook Air
    Yeah rumour shmumour. Believe when I see.

This site has a pretty good timeline regarding Apple product releases.
    http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
    Ive always used that guide and its always pretty spot on. Mid cycle for the MBP means id have to buy this series of MBP which might mean I can get a decent deal.

I'm guessing it will be out late spring/early summer. I just don't want to buy it in March and then Apple drops the release date a week later.
    Not really gonna bother me as i have waited before and i have twice bought the top of the line machine and although i have never regreted it this time im not bothering.

My next machine will be a Traktor only laptop. Im getting the base 13" with a 750GB HD and 4GB RAM which will serve me perfectly for my weekly gigging machine.

My current 2.5ghz with 8GB is pointlessly over the top for Traktor and i barely use it for anything else.

I can quite understand someone sweating on the next cycle if your new to Macs or you really want a super-duper machine and will maybe use it for Logic or P.Shop but im going for something that will just do the job and thats it.

Tech Guru

They should be out in Q2. Pros & Airs ... and I'm pretty confident it'll happen.

The reason i'm as confident is Intel's release of Ivy bridge - the next generation CPU/chipset architecture, which will allow higher performance and lower power consumption modes. It's likely that there will be QUAD Core i7 on the 13" Pro with Ivy Bridge.

If you can wait, I believe that it should be worth to.

Now on the rumors side, I tend to think that the Pro series will get a major revamp with this release. It's believed that it's about time Apple to get rid of the optical disk drive. That is likely to result in thinner Pros. Also, there are a lot of reports about mass production of "Retina" displays for the Pros - the expectations are to 2880x1800 (double 1440x900) on the 15. Perhaps we could see improved resolution & density on the 13" too, to match the MBA 1440x900 (or the Retina equivalent).

On the wishes side, I hope to see an afordable option for a 13" with 500G SSD and 8G RAM, preferably an Air.

Generally, all manufucturers are eager to get the Ivy bridge and the expectation is that the entire industry will be shiftinng to the MB Air (a.k.a Ultrabooks) format. Apple will rush to present a strong contender before everyone else, i'm sure about this

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Well it is at the end of March in UK and thats when my next Mac will be bought.

Yeah rumour shmumour. Believe when I see.

Ive always used that guide and its always pretty spot on. Mid cycle for the MBP means id have to buy this series of MBP which might mean I can get a decent deal.

Not really gonna bother me as i have waited before and i have twice bought the top of the line machine and although i have never regreted it this time im not bothering.

My next machine will be a Traktor only laptop. Im getting the base 13" with a 750GB HD and 4GB RAM which will serve me perfectly for my weekly gigging machine.

My current 2.5ghz with 8GB is pointlessly over the top for Traktor and i barely use it for anything else.

I can quite understand someone sweating on the next cycle if your new to Macs or you really want a super-duper machine and will maybe use it for Logic or P.Shop but im going for something that will just do the job and thats it.
    That is exactly the model I was planning on ordering, minus the 4gb ram upgrade. I may do that later on via a 3rd party RAM supplier.

I'll give it another month to see if a solid date is named, if not I'll just pull the trigger on the current model.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    They should be out in Q2. Pros & Airs ... and I'm pretty confident it'll happen.

The reason i'm as confident is Intel's release of Ivy bridge - the next generation CPU/chipset architecture, which will allow higher performance and lower power consumption modes. It's likely that there will be QUAD Core i7 on the 13" Pro with Ivy Bridge.

If you can wait, I believe that it should be worth to.

Now on the rumors side, I tend to think that the Pro series will get a major revamp with this release. It's believed that it's about time Apple to get rid of the optical disk drive. That is likely to result in thinner Pros. Also, there are a lot of reports about mass production of "Retina" displays for the Pros - the expectations are to 2880x1800 (double 1440x900) on the 15. Perhaps we could see improved resolution & density on the 13" too, to match the MBA 1440x900 (or the Retina equivalent).

On the wishes side, I hope to see an afordable option for a 13" with 500G SSD and 8G RAM, preferably an Air.

Generally, all manufucturers are eager to get the Ivy bridge and the expectation is that the entire industry will be shiftinng to the MB Air (a.k.a Ultrabooks) format. Apple will rush to present a strong contender before everyone else, i'm sure about this
    Ugghhh now when I read this it makes me want to wait, but according to the link I posted, no way they will be coming in Q2.

Dilemma!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

minus the 4gb ram upgrade..
    On the UK Apple store the minimum RAM you can purchase is 4GB dude otherwise i would do the same.

Every Mac i have bought ive always bought the least option and added 3rd party RAM cus Apple RAM is re-donk-ulously priced.

I might upgrade the HD to 750GB cus its only £80 or i may just get a 1TB as they are around £120 now but i cant find a Seagate and i no longer trust Western Digital after the fiasco of my last one. To be decided.

Also noted that the Non-Glossy option is not possible on the 13".

This will be my first 13" and my first with a glossy screen but like i say its for regular gigs so i dont much care.

Ill still have my 15" non glossy for any special gigs such as festivals etc.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    On the UK Apple store the minimum RAM you can purchase is 4GB dude otherwise i would do the same.

Every Mac i have bought ive always bought the least option and added 3rd party RAM cus Apple RAM is re-donk-ulously priced.

I might upgrade the HD to 750GB cus its only £80 or i may just get a 1TB as they are around £120 now but i cant find a Seagate and i no longer trust Western Digital after the fiasco of my last one. To be decided.

Also noted that the Non-Glossy option is not possible on the 13".

This will be my first 13" and my first with a glossy screen but like i say its for regular gigs so i dont much care.

Ill still have my 15" non glossy for any special gigs such as festivals etc.
    Damn you get raped across the pond lol.

4gb upgrade for me us $200 USD....huge ripoff. 500 to 750gb HD is ony $100 USD.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast