Oh Em Gee! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Em Gee!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by looneygeorge View Post
    I guess you could get some KRK RP6 Studio Monitors - They are mainly for producing (10 bucks that you will start making remixes and songs too in about a couple of months) But I used them for a little house party I threw last weekend, they got the floor pumping good enough.
    The R6 As your only speakers? I just got mine a few days ago while waiting for the S4 (which by the way should be arriving this week, im so f*ck'n thrilled) but while waiting I did hook them up to some shitty soundcard to test the range, volume, clarity etc but to be honest I can't imagine myself using these as my main speakers / PA for throwing parties, they just don't go loud enough?

Dude i just got the maschine too! Im going to have an amazing break! Im super stoked and I hAVENT slept in 28 hours WOOHOO FOR SHOPPING ALL DAY alkajflajflakjdflajk! I love you all <3!

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Dude i just got the maschine too! Im going to have an amazing break! Im super stoked and I hAVENT slept in 28 hours WOOHOO FOR SHOPPING ALL DAY alkajflajflakjdflajk! I love you all <3!
    WOOHOO!! lol Me too! This is awesome and you crack me up Coldfuzion!

Man I had to post here one more time. I am truly in love with DJing, and this community! It's pretty crazy to be a part of such a helpful community like this one. It's even crazier when you figure out everything that goes on behind the scenes. As in how many people help each other through PMs and such.

This really hit me after I picked up "DJing for Dummies" last night when my friend who used to DJ suggested it. As I was flipping through it I realized that I had all those questions initially and just by reading, and asking questions here and there I have learned an insane amount of knowledge with a lot of ease due to the major amount of knowledge on these forums.

Especially in this day and age on most other forums you will not find people that are this helpful and user friendly (whether you are a professional, new to DJing, or just interested in production even though the site is entitled DJ Tech Tools).

Thank you Ean Golden, DJTT, and everyone who are on these forums for such a phenomenal community!

Tech Guru

Use a simple home system for now until you are ready to upgrade or get 2 powered 10 or 12 inch speakers.

When I started I was on the crappiest gear ever. My sound came out of an Aiwa bookshelf tiny system.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Tech Guru

How about this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Passport-Deluxe-PD-250-Portable/dp/B0002KZQ2A"]Amazon.com: Fender Passport Deluxe PD-250 Portable PA Sytem: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FTA3R2B1L.@@AMEPARAM@@41FTA3R2B1L[/ame]

I know nothing about it but I always thought they seemed cool. Another pretty solid option is to get some Mackie Thumps 12" speakers. I think they are about 300 each.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeatzz View Post
    Use a simple home system for now until you are ready to upgrade or get 2 powered 10 or 12 inch speakers.

When I started I was on the crappiest gear ever. My sound came out of an Aiwa bookshelf tiny system.
    Hahaha, sorry I revived an old thread bro. This was created a day or two after I picked up my first piece of gear my S4. I have a pair of KRKs .

See?! This just adds on to my recent bump I guess you could call it. Everyones always trying to help!

Thanks for the response though .

Tech Mentor

Dam dude you bought all this shit in a 3 month span and you're already gonna do a radio show? Good on you for putting yourself out there. Some of us are so timid and self concious that we wouldn't dare stand in front of an audience without feeling like we've got shit locked down to a certain degree. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Gooch View Post
    Dam dude you bought all this shit in a 3 month span and you're already gonna do a radio show? Good on you for putting yourself out there. Some of us are so timid and self concious that we wouldn't dare stand in front of an audience without feeling like we've got shit locked down to a certain degree. Good luck.
    Hahaha yeah, lets just say at the time that I started I had quite a bit of disposable income, plus I won a lot of cash in Vegas in November .

And from what i've heard from people - having people listen to you and being live is a crazy feeling that you must experience. So I figured before I go around trying to find a residency in some club somewhere, I should at least try to build a following and have something to show to the promoter / owners of the club. I am a pretty social person with a decent sized group of friends, all of whom would pretty much show up to any gig I played at a club but it's always nice to be able to be like "Hey look, i'm on the radio for my campus form this time to this time and I have a following from there. As well as people from different countries tuning in (provided a few of you DJTTers chose to tune in ).

Another thing is I (hate to admit it but) love being the center of attention, and I have been told I have a good music sense so lets see where this goes!

Thank you sir!

Meh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Can you record your set so we can all hear it?

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast