What soundcard do I need?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What soundcard do I need?

Hello all, I am converting from a setup of two CDJ 350s and a DJM 400 to a digital setup consisting of my DJM 400 and a Traktor X1 as transport.

My question is: What soundcard would I need for this setup?

I thought at first that I would need just an Audio 2, but I may be mistaken?

p.s On a side note, will I need a soundcard to plug just my laptop into two active monitors for production, or can I just use a split cable for that?

Thanks
    "We think too much and feel too little"
    K B R I D G E

An Audio 4 or 10, run cdj's into the ins on the sound card, then run the outs of it into the mixer channels... Then you'd need to run a usb into the soundcard from your computer in order for your software to recognize the music and to push it though your mixer.

When it comes to the monitors at this point, just plug them into your mixer and they'll work normally.

ahh thanks, but I should have been more clear - I'm selling the CDJs and just having my DJM 400, Traktor X1 and Laptop (and soundcard) - still need an Audio 4? and if I was to get an audio 4, would that allow for two X1s into a 4 channel mixer?
    K B R I D G E

Quote Originally Posted by kbridge View Post
    ahh thanks, but I should have been more clear - I'm selling the CDJs and just having my DJM 400, Traktor X1 and Laptop (and soundcard) - still need an Audio 4? and if I was to get an audio 4, would that allow for two X1s into a 4 channel mixer?
    With that you can just run an Audio 2 then I believe, haven't done it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    With that you can just run an Audio 2 then I believe, haven't done it myself though.
    audio2dj will work just fine in this case ... just set channel A for Deck A and Channel B for Deck B and set it to mix externally.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Tech Guru

And Audio 2 will work just fine, but you won't be able to record your mixes through it.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    And Audio 2 will work just fine, but you won't be able to record your mixes through it.
    would I not be able to record using Audacity at the same time?
    K B R I D G E

Quote Originally Posted by kbridge View Post
    would I not be able to record using Audacity at the same time?
    Yeah you could if you run a cable from your record out on the mixer to a 3.5mm into your jack on your computer

I'm curious as to why you'd get rid of the 350s? If I had to just use an X1 now, I'd be so so bored?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I'm curious as to why you'd get rid of the 350s? If I had to just use an X1 now, I'd be so so bored?
    Word.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast