Are midi fighters worth it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are midi fighters worth it?

I would just like to hear from personal experiences, if they are responsive and quick....The only thing that concerns me is the pricing ( 125 is quite a bit... and the controllers are even more 450!) I desire to buy one in the future but I want to hear what others have to say first...and also, Why shouldn't i just buy a B-CONTROL FADER BCF2000-WH or make my own midi controller type situation? why is the midi fighter so popular?

Using Traktor I personally cant for the life of me see how I would use the midi fighter. But people on here seem to swear by them.

I'm well aware the above is of litte use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I'm well aware the above is of litte use as well.
    It's alright, i think i've basically decided and making my own gamepad midi fighter, apparently a playstation 2 controller is something like 4 faders and 14 buttons or something....Actually i just hooked one up using fergo joystickMIDI and it somewhat works...

Watch ean goldens video on the midi fighter. youll see some crazy shit acheived, and his mapping is available on this site
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes they're worth it. The arcade buttons are more responsive than any other controller on the market and unlike using the ps3 controllers and the like you don't have to have any extra software running to convert the signals.

If you like doing the diy stuff from the ground up then go for it with the video game controllers, but by the time you factor in your labor doing it it will have cost you just as much if not more to buy a Midi Fighter.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes they are worth it, and worth a lot more. Doing a gamepad mod is fun, if you're into DIY. But then you don't have the led feedback that the midifighter has, and you don't get the great support offered from the people here. The buttons are amazing, and look cool. Plus, if you check the blog post, they just added super-fader capabilities to the firmware; something no other controller on the market (besides the vci-100se) has.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Yes they are worth it, and worth a lot more. Doing a gamepad mod is fun, if you're into DIY. But then you don't have the led feedback that the midifighter has, and you don't get the great support offered from the people here. The buttons are amazing, and look cool. Plus, if you check the blog post, they just added super-fader capabilities to the firmware; something no other controller on the market (besides the vci-100se) has.
    +1 ^^ all that ^^

Love my Midifighter! Heck of a lot easier to use than the intense mapping I have for my controller...have to sometimes turn a knob while holding down a button to achieve the same thing I can with my MF with one push of a button!
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I've had my midi fighter for almost a year now and I gotta say I love it. The arcade buttons are incredibly responsive. I use it for cues (bottom two rows), effects (top middle row) and pause/play etc (usually with decks c/d, top row). Part of the price you pay for it is quality, cause I gotta say, the thing is SOLID.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Midi Fighters are amazing, my MF's have put my launchpad to shame, my friends Maschine, and it even makes my iPad seem dull.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast