DJ'ing my friends party - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is there a way to hook up spotify with my cdjs 2000 NXS ? or djm 2000? I know im going to get requests and i will be generous enough to play the music for them. Or is it not possible?

just bring a laptop and play a youtube playlist

Tech Mentor

If you bring a spare laptop / iPad / anything with spotify on, you can run it through a spare channel on the mixer

Depends on the mood of the party at the time. I've had people ask me to play their crappy old slow classics and hip hop but i never usually do because everyone is usually buzzin at the parties i do. Tip: If you want to play hip-hop rap stick to the classics everyone knows, chances are if you play artists like Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky and Juicy J you will kill any dancefloor you had and will remain with 5 white guys who think theyre requests are what everyone wants to hear and dance to. Know from past experience :P just stick to what everyone knows when it comes to old and rap music.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    If you bring a spare laptop / iPad / anything with spotify on, you can run it through a spare channel on the mixer
    this. i have my ipad that i run thru my extra channel on my s4 and if its a house party, ill do them a favor, but if its a club, i dont even bother getting a song i dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxsis View Post
    Depends on the mood of the party at the time. I've had people ask me to play their crappy old slow classics and hip hop but i never usually do because everyone is usually buzzin at the parties i do. Tip: If you want to play hip-hop rap stick to the classics everyone knows, chances are if you play artists like Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky and Juicy J you will kill any dancefloor you had and will remain with 5 white guys who think theyre requests are what everyone wants to hear and dance to. Know from past experience :P just stick to what everyone knows when it comes to old and rap music.
    This is all very relative. Maybe you're just biased... or maybe you're just DJing partys with a bunch of old people, cause ASAP, and Juicy J, and Kendrick Lamar are played in all the major clubs.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

This is all very relative. Maybe you're just biased... or maybe you're just DJing partys with a bunch of old people, cause ASAP, and Juicy J, and Kendrick Lamar are played in all the major clubs.[/QUOTE]

I'm not djing to old people haha, here people would prefer to listen to House than Rap at house parties and clubs usually. Some Rap is good, but i find kendrick, rocky or juicy j kinda mellows the energy a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    Hmm I have to figure out how to do this. Its not really a gig i just need to have some music going ya know? Thanks all for the replies

Yeah its a mix crowd mostly older folks. I cant have no cursing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Hmm I have to figure out how to do this. Its not really a gig i just need to have some music going ya know? Thanks all for the replies
    its not hard at all. what controller/mixer do you have. all you need is an 1/8th inch audio to RCA from your ipad or ipod. plug the RCA into line in for your mixer.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    its not hard at all. what controller/mixer do you have. all you need is an 1/8th inch audio to RCA from your ipad or ipod. plug the RCA into line in for your mixer.
    I have djm 2000 and mac. I will try it now. Thank you very much will come back if i run into any problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast