DJ Agencies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ Agencies

Default DJ Agencies

Hi everyone! Is there anybody heard about Dj Agency called Blumoo?They send me an application form, but they asking me to pay for my profile on their website monthly.
    Can anybody reccomend me any good Dj agencies in the UK that is not scam?

I would be greatful for any information.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaker View Post
    Hi everyone! Is there anybody heard about Dj Agency called Blumoo?They send me an application form, but they asking me to pay for my profile on their website monthly.
    Can anybody reccomend me any good Dj agencies in the UK that is not scam?

I would be greatful for any information.

Many thanks!
    Doesn't sound like a scam as such, just people trying to profit off the work of others without actually doing anything themselves, kinda like IamVIP and Picture-Pal in the photography scene.

personally i wouldnt pay them unless they produce something for you
    a booking and they get a percentage of the pay
    but just to have your profile on their site and thats it? how can you be sure they are actually trying to book you?

If you did join them, what did they say is your resposability each month for this money?
    and by the way...... how much per month are they charging anyway?

If you did join them, what did they say is your resposability each month for this money?
    and by the way...... how much per month are they charging anyway?
    This is what they have send me via email!

SECTION 3

Please select which agency subscription you’d like from the choices below.

Once you have filled the questionnaire out email it back along with a photo to Rachael:

newtalent@blumoo.co.uk

SUBSCRIPTIONS

We have a number of subscriptions available:

UK-DJs.net Subscription Offers

The following subscriptions will provide you with a DJ profile on UK-DJs.net:

01: Per month = £24.50 (listed under 2 music styles and host 1 DJ mix)
    02: Per 6 months = £89 (listed under 3 music styles and host 1 DJ mix)
    03: Per year = £119 (listed under 4 music styles and host 1 DJ mix)
    04: Per 2 years = £179 (listed under 4 music styles and host 1 DJ mix)

UK-DJs.net & Global-DJs.com Subscription Offers

The following subscriptions will provide you with a DJ profile on UK-DJs.net and Global-DJs.com:

05: Per month = £36.50 (listed under 2 music styles and host 2 DJ mixes)
    06: Per 6 months = £149 (listed under 3 music styles and host 2 DJ mixes)
    07: Per year = £179 (listed under 4 music styles and host 2 DJ mixes)
    08: Per 2 years = £279 (listed under 4 music styles and host 2 DJ mixes)

UK-DJs.net, Global-DJs.net & Mix-DJs.net Subscription Offers

The following subscriptions will provide you with a DJ profile on UK-DJs.net, Global-DJs.com and Mix-DJs.net:

09: Per month = £48.50 (listed under 2 music styles and host 3 DJ mixes)
    10: Per 6 months = £189 (listed under 3 music styles and host 3 DJ mixes)
    11: Per year = £239 (listed under 4 music styles and host 3 DJ mixes)
    12: Per 2 years = £379 (listed under 4 music styles and host 3 DJ mixes)

WHICH SUBSCRIPTION WOULD YOU LIKE?

A lot of London DJs got scammed last year by agencies, got uncovered by mixmag. Find out agencies used by people on here (havent heard of any so far) or ones your mates have used, go out and ask DJs at clubs if they use an agency.

Paying for agencies is very common, my mate used one once, paid £50 and gave them %20 of all his gig earnings, left them cos hes getting decent gigs on his own now.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    A lot of London DJs got scammed last year by agencies, got uncovered by mixmag. Find out agencies used by people on here (havent heard of any so far) or ones your mates have used, go out and ask DJs at clubs if they use an agency.

Paying for agencies is very common, my mate used one once, paid £50 and gave them %20 of all his gig earnings, left them cos hes getting decent gigs on his own now.
    Please see www.dr-beat.com a real agency (no charges)

Absolutely DO NOT pay to be on someones agency site - that is complete garbage and as another user said just a way for them to make money by not doing any work off your talent.

An agency will contact you and become your agent when you are in a position to make them money through your sets - the average is 10%, then 10% to your manager and so on.

Agents that ask for 'monthly fees' are nothing but pirates.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Convert

^^^
    exactly right

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Absolutely DO NOT pay to be on someones agency site - that is complete garbage and as another user said just a way for them to make money by not doing any work off your talent.

An agency will contact you and become your agent when you are in a position to make them money through your sets - the average is 10%, then 10% to your manager and so on.

Agents that ask for 'monthly fees' are nothing but pirates.
    "Slightly Disagree"

i was with an agency for around 6 months (the one mentioned in this post) and i was not happy. didnt receive any bookings - they charged me monthly and all i got was a DJ profile?

i am now on the books at another UK Agency "Danco Agency for DJs" & "Club-DJs.net" and im really happy with the service they provide! very friendly staff, and my bookings diary is nearly always rammed.

the way i look at it, is i am paying Danco to promote me as a DJ for bookings, they dont act as my management, more of a PR Team, all im saying is not all DJ promotion agencies are pirates, im really chuffed with this company, and so are my 2 other DJ mates.

Quote Originally Posted by sowndboi View Post
    "Slightly Disagree"

i was with an agency for around 6 months (the one mentioned in this post) and i was not happy. didnt receive any bookings - they charged me monthly and all i got was a DJ profile?

i am now on the books at another UK Agency "Danco Agency for DJs" & "Club-DJs.net" and im really happy with the service they provide! very friendly staff, and my bookings diary is nearly always rammed.

the way i look at it, is i am paying Danco to promote me as a DJ for bookings, they dont act as my management, more of a PR Team, all im saying is not all DJ promotion agencies are pirates, im really chuffed with this company, and so are my 2 other DJ mates.
    Wow, that's really cool! Do you get club bookings? Or just like small parties, weddings, etc?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast