Traktor with timecode strange behaviour any suggestions please

Default Traktor with timecode strange behaviour any suggestions please

Hi Guys I fairly new to timecode though not to djing.
    Just upgraded my traktor pro to traktor scratch pro.

So here's the problem
    I'm playing time code on my cdj then on the x1 I then jump to a hotcue,the music plays from the hotcue but
    the timecode then does not work, the orange cd symbol next to the play button on the software switches off
    To get back timecode control back I have to switch the cd symbol next to the play button back on to turn it orange with the mouse!
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
    I use loads of hotcues and don't want to have to keep switching the timecode back on with the mouse.

I have also noticed that when I set a cue point on the cdj then go to the x1 to set it as a hotcue its a couple of beats off?

Any ideas please?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tony corless View Post
    Hi Guys I fairly new to timecode though not to djing.
    Just upgraded my traktor pro to traktor scratch pro.

So here's the problem
    I'm playing time code on my cdj then on the x1 I then jump to a hotcue,the music plays from the hotcue but
    the timecode then does not work, the orange cd symbol next to the play button on the software switches off
    To get back timecode control back I have to switch the cd symbol next to the play button back on to turn it orange with the mouse!
    Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
    I use loads of hotcues and don't want to have to keep switching the timecode back on with the mouse.

I have also noticed that when I set a cue point on the cdj then go to the x1 to set it as a hotcue its a couple of beats off?

Any ideas please?

I haven't used the timecode stuff in traktor in a long time but that sounds a lot like what used to be solved by switching to relative mode instead of absolute mode, though I don't know if those settings still exist - sorry I can't be more of more help

The 'switching' thing you're talking about sounds like the absolute/relative mode. And yes it's normal....Once you use a hot cue, it automatically switches from absolute to relative mode. There's a traktor setting that can be set to switch back to absolute mode when you move the needle back to the lead-in of the timecode (as you're cueing up the next track).

There are a lot of threads discussing the differences. Here's the first one I came across.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=41650
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Relative mode FTW.

The only practical use for ABS mode is needle dropping - and this can be done using beat-jumps/hotcues in REL mode anyway.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj