Rane 62 Vs Traktor Z2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tombruton69 View Post
    5 years ago I never saw traktor being played out every1 was on serato, now when I go out the majority are on traktor, the people I know who use serato say they use it because its what they are used to and if they where to start today they would go traktor scratch.

Serato/Rane used to be the premium option and there was a snobbery against traktor that has now changed. I think rane are riding off there past reputation. I think the z2 will outsell the rane mixers, also the rane mixers arnt holding there value where as there sound cards are for the time being
    This. Its like anything else, there is more competition from NI + traktor and other companies now, and as a result we are seeing more competition, better products, lower prices, and a shift from serato to traktor because traktor is out doing serato. Thats why you see serato trying to market new midi stuff and updates

imo, there is no reason to get a 62 unless you are doing some insane insane scratching and really prefer the feel over vestax battle mixers and such

I think Rane's prices are higher based on their reputation - whether deserved or not. I've owned both Serato and Traktor and I found Serato to be bullet-proof - I never had a single issue with it, even when it was running on a laptop that barely met the minimum requirements - while Traktor seems more problematic.

I've just picked up a Z2 and while I would have preferred to go for a Rane 62, it's just not worth 3 times the price of the Z2 IMO. That said, if I was still gigging and earning decent money from DJing I would have bought the 62, but I'm just a hobbyist these days so the Z2 will hopefully suit me fine.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJSigma View Post
    I think Rane's prices are higher based on their reputation - whether deserved or not. I've owned both Serato and Traktor and I found Serato to be bullet-proof - I never had a single issue with it, even when it was running on a laptop that barely met the minimum requirements - while Traktor seems more problematic.

I've just picked up a Z2 and while I would have preferred to go for a Rane 62, it's just not worth 3 times the price of the Z2 IMO. That said, if I was still gigging and earning decent money from DJing I would have bought the 62, but I'm just a hobbyist these days so the Z2 will hopefully suit me fine.
    Im hoping you do a review on the Z2

Yeah man, I'll definitely post up my thoughts on it soon! My initial impressions of the hardware are very good (stiff line faders aside, although that's a matter of preference I suppose), especially considering the price and that it comes with an integrated sound card and TSP 2.6. I really didn't expect it to be built as well as it is. I'll set it up tomorrow and do a little review of it once I've had a good play around with it.

It is very hard to compare the Z2 and the Rane 62. I personally own a Z2 now, and I have used a 62 many times. For the price tag and for what they both do, Id still take me Z2 over the 62. I dont share my mixer with anyone else, so having two USB ports isnt really needed.

Price tag on the 62 is what kept me away from it, id rather buy a DJM900 Nexus for that price tag.

I also came from the Rane57, which I actually was able to sell to break even to buy my Z2 and keep the road ready case that came with it when I purchased the mixer used.
    Last edited by DeeJayJade; 11-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.

I also came from the Rane57, which I actually was able to sell to break even to buy my Z2 and keep the road ready case that came with it when I purchased the mixer used.
    So does the Z2 fit in the standard 10" Road Ready case?

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    So does the Z2 fit in the standard 10" Road Ready case?
    I dont think mine is 10" i actually have aboout 2-3" of padding on each side, but length wise I am more than good. Ill have to check it when I get home, ive just been happen to use it didnt even toss it in there yet.

Ill report back in... 45min

z2 bang for buck hands down..

Let's forget about Rane for a minute, Z2 or DJM T1?? And why please?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast