Traktor 2.10 stress test - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I agree that dual boot is nowhere near necessary. The same optimization works both for traktor and everyday use.
    Click Windows Key+R, type in msconfig
    Disable all un-needed services
    Now click on startup options (win8 and newer will redirect you to another dialogue). Disable all un-needed startup items.
    On the regular, clear cached images and date in your preferred web browser. In my case, chrome does so every 24 hours.
    Before opening traktor, disable wifi and bluetooth. Run Traktor as Administrator.
    Or I can just do that by selecting my DJ OS on startup with dual boot with no work involved
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    It's not about performance but stability.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    There is literally no more performance to be gained from this machine by dual booting and removing services.
    You are not reading my posts so I see no reason to continue this. I have stated some very good reasons for dual boot option other than simply performace so do as you like.

Tech Guru

You are not reading my posts so I see no reason to continue this. I have stated some very good reasons for dual boot option other than simply performace so do as you like.
    I have read your posts, i just disagree. I dont think youve made the case for any convincing reason to go dual boot.

No idea why you are getting offended over a difference of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    I have read your posts, i just disagree. I dont think youve made the case for any convincing reason to go dual boot.

No idea why you are getting offended over a difference of opinion.
    I talk about stability, you talk about performance...and then you say stupid thing like this. You lack basic discussion skills mate (and I'm being police here.)

Another very long term PC professional here (30 years), I agree with Ded... dual booting just for a handful of settings is not really necessary. You are perfectly free to believe what you want, though.

Also, no, you weren't being at all polite. Your logical fallacy of the day is "Ad Hominem."

Fair disclosure, while I use Traktor, my primary DJ software is Synner 3.

Deathy - you can't just drop the name of your DJ software and not give us any info on it!

How is it coming along?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    Another very long term PC professional here (30 years), I agree with Ded... dual booting just for a handful of settings is not really necessary. You are perfectly free to believe what you want, though.

Also, no, you weren't being at all polite. Your logical fallacy of the day is "Ad Hominem."

Fair disclosure, while I use Traktor, my primary DJ software is Synner 3.
    deathy, thanks for input but...I haven't said it was necessary and seems I'm having trouble putting that message across (based on responses here). And yeah, I wasn't polite overall in my message, just on that last part of sentence describing him. You could say i'm having trouble responding politely to people who pick and choose arguments, that just grinds my gears.

How do you mean "handful of settings"? Decribing the difference between a win OS in normal use (with a bunch of programs installed and services in use) and optimized clean installed lite version of OS as "handful of settings" is kinda....
    Also, as I have stated before, dual boot enables to adjust that "handful of settings" just my selecting a option on startup - isn't that a valid argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Deathy - you can't just drop the name of your DJ software and not give us any info on it!

How is it coming along?
    Prototype is done, working on the production version now. Played out with it a fair bit while I was still in the Netherlands, have recently moved to the Bay area and haven't got anything show-like yet.

I'm actually thinking about putting together a nice presentation on what I've done with the software... I've held nothing sacred in reimagining the workflow, so I know most people would probably not care for it, but... since it's just for me, don't really care. heh

Best feature to date - live remastering. Completely modify the sound of the tracks so that they all sound like they were mastered at the same time and to take up the same frequency space.

(Good seein' ya!)

Also, as I have stated before, dual boot enables to adjust that "handful of settings" just my selecting a option on startup - isn't that a valid argument?
    The way you present your case, though, is that you seem to not just want people to let you do your thing, but rather to acknowledge that your way is better, and you attacked ImNotDed for disagreeing with you, in spite of the fact that he wasn't saying YOU should do anything differently.

Whatever works for you, do it... but don't try to force your opinion down other peoples' throats.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    The way you present your case, though, is that you seem to not just want people to let you do your thing, but rather to acknowledge that your way is better, and you attacked ImNotDed for disagreeing with you, in spite of the fact that he wasn't saying YOU should do anything differently.

Whatever works for you, do it... but don't try to force your opinion down other peoples' throats.
    Not at all. I'm just trying to present arguments and, accordingly, expect from people that participate in the discussion to aknowledge good arguments when presented or challenge them before proceeding with the discussion - not try to go around them, not answering questions or/and puting words in my mouth as I'm seeing here.
    Does the way I present my arguments have any effect on their validity? It should not.

But, I am sorry if I seem a little forceful - will work on that. Thanks for the heads up ImNoDj - sorry for the tone, it is not personal (at least, wasn't intended to be). As I said, I stand by my arguments but I also acknowledge that - even if they are ok - your way is equally good when looking at it's core - does it run Traktor? I'm sure this discussion would go much better in real life, with some beer in one hand. Cheers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast