DJM-2000NXS Walkthrough
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJM-2000NXS Walkthrough

Hey all!

So I have landed on the decision to buy a DJM-2000NXS from Pioneer later in the year. Has anyone seen or found any good detailed walk throughs of the hardware??? I cannot seem to find any that outlive all of the features really well.

Thanks in advance!

Tech Wizard

3 x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Sennheiser HD 25 II, S-DJ05 Speakers
    Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 - Midi Fighter Spectra - Ableton Live 9

Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Stare at the front panel and read the manual. I'm not even kidding, the manual explains things better than I can, and literally every single thing aside from in-depth effects description and the screen stuff is written on the faceplate.

I used the 2k nxs and djm900 with traktor at a gig the other day... set up was mad flawless. i just downloaded drivers before hand and as soon as i plugged in was good to go.

So nice having all library with you and wave forms on the CDJ.

Serious amazeballs
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I used the 2k nxs and djm900 with traktor at a gig the other day... set up was mad flawless. i just downloaded drivers before hand and as soon as i plugged in was good to go.

So nice having all library with you and wave forms on the CDJ.

Serious amazeballs
    that's some serious waveform overkill

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    that's some serious waveform overkill
    I found that when I used them, I didn't once look at Traktor.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I found that when I used them, I didn't once look at Traktor.
    Why? I would think the Traktor colored waveforms are superior. And they are the MASTER waveform if you're using Traktor for loops and cues etc.

Why bring your laptop at all then?

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Why? I would think the Traktor colored waveforms are superior. And they are the MASTER waveform if you're using Traktor for loops and cues etc.

Why bring your laptop at all then?

>
    Exactly.

I only took it with me because I wanted to try Traktor in HID with 2000 Nexus'.

Yeah, Traktor wave forms are superior of course... But for me, I only really need to see peaks and troughs in tunes so the 2000's display was more than good enough, as I only normally just use Traktor's essential view track decks in which the waveforms aren't detailed anyway.

But yeah, if I had them I think I'd just end up with an iPad with Rekordbox on as a file browser... Even then the 2000's screen was enough for me to scroll through playlists happily.

I really did like them, but I use timecode normally and found them to be somewhat too easy to use. I'm not saying I didn't like them, because I did, apart from the pitch fader which I found to be absolutely disgusting (compared to Technics).

Not leaning over to see a laptop is really, really excellent.

Great decision! If I remember well, I used this guy's videos (I think it was the one...not sure):

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast