Mixing Transition tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mixing Transition tracks

So here is my problem. Say I want to use a transition track that goes from 120 down to 90 bpm. How to I get TSP to support that? The synch feature obviously creates a problem.

it´s a differnce of 30 bmp...dunno if i would use sync for that...try to transition in a breakdown or use the delay effect for fancy fx transition, or just x-fade with the kick ending on first track and a snare starting on the second...and so on...the possibilties are endless
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

I would say put a grid point at the beginning where it's 120, then another one there it changes to 90. Sync at the beginning, unsync, then change the track's bpm to 90.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Traktor's keylock (or any keylock for that matter) won't sound too nicely when abused in that way. If you turn it off, the change would still be quite noticeble.

Be creative, you don't need to sync everything dude.
    Last edited by padi_04; 03-14-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Tech Mentor

im a huge proponent for Traktor and MIDI DJing. Sync isnt a swear word. But in this situation, i'd rock the Jog Wheels and some FX and do it 100% manually.

Tech Wizard

try beatmatching it?

i dont think there is a way for a program like that to recognize multiple BPMS at certain parts of a song...

Tech Convert

Thanks! And Padi, I don't always rely on it. That situation is just one I've wondered about for a while now.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by kureme View Post
    try beatmatching it?

i dont think there is a way for a program like that to recognize multiple BPMS at certain parts of a song...

Yeah exactly! I just noticed that TSP tries to keep the track at it's it's beginning tempo.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubz View Post
    Yeah exactly! I just noticed that TSP tries to keep the track at it's it's beginning tempo.
    You might wanna switch to serato if you want flexible grids (that hurted as a traktor fanboy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bdubz View Post
    So here is my problem. Say I want to use a transition track that goes from 120 down to 90 bpm. How to I get TSP to support that? The synch feature obviously creates a problem.
    Guess no one else gets what you're asking, but i use transition tools a lot.

I beat grid normally at the start and set the bpm, so 120 in your case. I wait for the transition, and then wait to get a good bar or two in, then drop another grid and set the bpm as im playing and loading in the next track.

Edit: this allows me to use sync both at the start of the transition track when im mixing it after another track as well as at the end when bringing in the 90 bpm track.

It requires a little more concentration than normal, and you'll have to go back and reset the bpm to 120 the next time you use that track, but vie gotten used to it.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast