which setup is better?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default which setup is better?

Hello guys, I cant decide which setup I have to choose: S4,allen heath xone 4d,denon dn x1600+x1 or allen heath 42+x1.In future I use timecodes and I want to get a good quality and longevity,so price is not very important.
    Sorry for my english ) hope u help me to choose the best

The xone 42 does not have aux send/return which s useful for the loop recorder or external fx unit. But if your just doing standard mixing of tracks that does not matter.

4d is little old now and lacks led feedback but still an amazing unit.

Not to keen on s4 myself, doesn't feel like it can last forever, just my opinion.

Denon, well I've only played on their two channel mixers which were great.

Hope that helps
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

allen heath 42+x1 ... this

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    The xone 42 does not have aux send/return which s useful for the loop recorder or external fx unit. But if your just doing standard mixing of tracks that does not matter.

4d is little old now and lacks led feedback but still an amazing unit.

Not to keen on s4 myself, doesn't feel like it can last forever, just my opinion.

Denon, well I've only played on their two channel mixers which were great.

Hope that helps
    Xone 42 does indeed has a send/return FX feature its one of the main selling points... i have one

to OP if your going to be using traktor (which sounds like you are) i would highly suggest the denon x1600 out all the choice since it already has a soundcard (scratch certified for DVS timecode) so you would just need the software... its comparable to DJM 800 and has some midi mappable stuff, never tried it myself but hear good things, great mixer for the price.
    Last edited by NoizeuNit; 08-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Timecode setup with an S4 feels lame as fuck. Get a genuine mixer for your own enjoyment if money is no issue. Add X1 or midifighter if you wanna go crazy.

^NoizeuNit, does the Xone 42 have multiple EQ modes and if not is the standard mode full kill ? Just wondering.

No, just standard EQ (-26db cutoff), when i sell my 42 and get the DB4 i will have fun with Trimodal EQs

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    No, just standard EQ (-26db cutoff)
    bummer

OP just in case you are an EQ slut my Korg Zero 4 has like 9 EQ modes. Just throwing that out there.

Must have missed the aux send on the 42 when I was reading up on it.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Haha, the fucking dry/wet knobs on the 42 are a constant source for confusion when setting up. "Damn, why the hell is the volume so low - something can not be right" - figuring out that the D/W knobs have been touched can take a bit of time.

And NoizeUnit, are you sure about the -26db? Sadly my 42 was stolen, so I can't test it right now (and I'm too lazy to search for the manual), but I'm fairly certain the EQs were full kill.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Haha, the fucking dry/wet knobs on the 42 are a constant source for confusion when setting up. "Damn, why the hell is the volume so low - something can not be right" - figuring out that the D/W knobs have been touched can take a bit of time.

And NoizeUnit, are you sure about the -26db? Sadly my 42 was stolen, so I can't test it right now (and I'm too lazy to search for the manual), but I'm fairly certain the EQs were full kill.
    sad to hear about it getting stolen...hhaha ya when i first got the 42 i was like wtf its BROKEN, turned out wet/dry knob was turned \facepalm. hmmm ya your right it is a full kill eq (+6db to full kill) idk what i was thinking brain fart, i only got 4 hrs of sleep last night -.- zzZZZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast