Denon MC2000 vs Novation Twitch vs Traktor S2

Default Denon MC2000 vs Novation Twitch vs Traktor S2

stuck between this 3 controllers for home use. Would mainly be using it for making mixes for competitions and mixing in bed or for when i feel like using Serato or Traktor (when lazy). I have CDJ 900s and a DJM 850 as my primary setup for when I play out. Been using X1s and my primary setup for traktor and feel as if its overkill for what i want to do with software. X1s also dont cut it for just casually mixing in bed because there is obviously no mixer and they aernt meant for that sort of thing. Recommendations?

I've got a denon mc2000. Its my first controller and I love it to bits. Its the cheapest of the 3, I believe. Sound is good for me so far and no issues yet. Barely 4 months in and haven't tried it out for parties as I am just a noob at this.

If you already have the x1, why not get a z1 to pair with it. its a cheaper alternative and already have a sound card built in.
    Last edited by arsman; 09-11-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

You already have the X1 witch means you have 90% of the controls you would get from a S2 or Denon MC2000 but missing Jog wheels and the mixer. Your interest in Novation Twitch show you don't care about the JOG so you could just get an Z1 and be able to do most of what you could with the 3 choices. AN X1 and Z1 would also be perfect for laying in bed mixing also if you happen to have an iPhone or iPad the Z1 is grate for the moments you just want to mix for fun.
    I've done a gig 4 hours using only the Z1 and a X1 MKII.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    You already have the X1 witch means you have 90% of the controls you would get from a S2 or Denon MC2000 but missing Jog wheels and the mixer. Your interest in Novation Twitch show you don't care about the JOG so you could just get an Z1 and be able to do most of what you could with the 3 choices. AN X1 and Z1 would also be perfect for laying in bed mixing also if you happen to have an iPhone or iPad the Z1 is grate for the moments you just want to mix for fun.
    I've done a gig 4 hours using only the Z1 and a X1 MKII.

yeah guess your right, will look into a Z1 as i would lose money reselling X1s anyway. Worth upgrading X1s?

I've never used the MK1 but the MK2 is amazing had to use the Z1 & X1 again tonight because a friend borrowed the DDJ SX and when I came to the club the CDJ's and DJM were not the, being used at some event.
    If you like playing with loop rolls and beatmaser the touch strips are amazing I've also mapped the 4th. FX knob to be pitch faders because I think the ship + loop is to slow (to much turning to get where I want) I also set the Flux button to display cue point 5-8.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

for about 2 years i carried around an a2, my x1 and my laptop to my gigs, that was it, mixer supplied
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter